1. Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study – Thursdays at 6 AM. This week we continue our study on sins that saints tolerate. Bring a friend.
2. Church Membership – we would love to see you officially join Jubilee. Membership application forms are available at the Welcome Center and on the tables as you enter the worship area.
3. Directory pictures – During the five Sundays in August, Delores Barnes will be taking pictures. Take a look at your directory picture … if you think it’s time for a new one, stop by… or, especially if you do not have a picture! Photographs will be taken immediately after the church services. Location to be announced.
4. Missions Impact 2021 is the theme for our mission focus for July and August. We have a combined total of 19 missionaries and parachurch ministries that we help support. Whatever we raise during these two months, will be divided evenly among them on the first Sunday of September. Pray and ask the Lord to show you what He would have you give. Be sure to mark your gift “Impact 2021.”
5. Planning ahead — be sure to watch for further word on when we will begin a second morning service. Our church is growing, which is wonderful. Even though we have empty chairs, it is becoming harder and harder to find them once the service has started up. So, plans are underway to begin a second service. There are real advantages in beginning a second service. People will have more personal space as it helps alleviate concerns of sickness. It will also give us more room for growth. We will let you know soon what the plans are.
6. The next movie night will be Fri., Aug. 13th at 6 PM. The movie, “John Laurens’ War” is the fight for freedom, by John Laurens from S. Carolina, for every slave in America along with every colonist. He becomes a trusted top aide to George Washington, willing to risk everything to create liberty in the new nation.
7. Operation Christmas Child. Empty boxes will be available on Sept. 19th. School supplies are on sale NOW so it is a good time to get started collecting these most requested items for your shoeboxes. Our goal this year is 500 filled Shoeboxes. DID YOU KNOW … our 385 filled boxes were shipped to Peru last year.
8. It’s not too late to join Pastor Jim’s Bible Alive Class as they just started a new study on the book of Nehemiah. All classes are open to join any time; however, we will let you know when a new study is underway.
9. Parking lot resurfacing is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, August 11th.
10. Name Tags – If you have lost your name tag or need one, please sign up for one at the Welcome Center desk. With so many new faces, it helps to take a quick peek at the name tag!
11. Annual Business Meeting is scheduled for September 19th. Please plan to attend as we vote on leadership.
12. There will be a Ladies’ Ministry gathering Wednesday, August 18th at 10 AM. We will revisit the videos from the “Life-Changing Prayer- – Approaching the Throne of Grace” videos (all 6 of them).
We found the videos to be not only inspirational but also to be filled with the Holy Spirit. This event is open to all of the church. There will be an intermission between the 3rd and 4th videos, where light refreshments will be provided.