1. Pray with Us!! — Every Thursday at 11 AM a small prayer group meets in our Conference Rm/library. We would love to see this fellowship of prayer warriors grow. We meet for just one hour. Plan to join us. PRAYER MATTERS!!
2. “Holy Spirit, Rain Down!” That’s the focus of our prayer time every Sunday morning at 9:30 AM in Pastor Leonard’s office. We would love to have you join us as we ask the Holy Spirit to fill this place and our people.
3. Guest Speaker. Next Sunday, August 6th it will be our privilege to have Rev. Joe Johns, director of World Partners with us for both services. World Partners is the missions arm of the Missionary Church. You will be blessed by what he shares.
4. Communion and Anointing. Next Sunday, August 6th, we will be celebrating the Lord’s Supper together. Also, we will be offering anointing with oil and prayer for those with special needs. Prepare your hearts for these very special observances.
5. IMPACT 2023. We are in the final month of our special mission emphasis. August 20-25 we will have our week-long missions conference. You will have many opportunities to meet and really get to know our guest missionaries. Friday night, August 25th, we will have a wonderful missions banquet. We hope you will plan to be there. Tickets will be available this coming Sunday the 6th. At the banquet, we will announce the total given towards our goal of $150,000. We serve a big God!! Ask the Holy Spirit to do something phenomenal through you.
6. Coulter Memorial. This Saturday, August 5th at 11 am, there will be a memorial service at VJF for our beloved June Coulter. She was an amazing woman of God, who dearly loved Jubilee. If you knew June, please come and bless her family.
7. Fall Bible Conference – SAVE THE DATE! Be sure to save these dates on your calendar: October 13-15. We will be privileged to have Dr. Robert Morgan with us once again. He is such an amazing Bible teacher. The Lord is using him all over the world. You won’t want to miss it!!
8. Free Books. Now through the end of August, be sure to peruse the FREE BOOK tables near the church office. Lots of “treasures” for taking, reading, and sharing.
9. Operation Christmas Child. The best time to get school supplies for your Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes is right now!! Schools are actually starting again in August and the best sales are happening. Staples has everything you need to get on sale from 50 cents to 99 cents, with no limits on quantities. Empty OCC shoe boxes will be available for pick up here at church starting September 13th.
10. Missionary Wives Love Offering (MWLO). We are collecting a love offering to take our missionary wives on a shopping adventure while they’re in Ventura. They rarely get the opportunity to pamper or treat themselves. Help us bless them by sharing in this Love Offering. Any money gift towards the Missionary Wives Love Offering (MWLO) is ABOVE and BEYOND our IMPACT 2023 Giving and Project. For distinction, take your MWLO gift to the Welcome Center or give it to Carolyn Morales, Paige Cabasug, Kathi Hammond, or Nancy Drake. PLEASE – DO NOT give your MWLO gift in an IMPACT 2023 envelope. However, you may use a regular Jubilee offering envelope and clearly label it as MWLO or “Wives Shopping Trip”.
11. VJF Church Membership. If you love Jubilee and want to make this your church family, prayerfully consider officially becoming a member. Membership forms are available at the Welcome Center. Simply fill one out and return it to the church office. We will contact you upon receiving the form.
12. Basic Self-Defense Class. We will be having a Basic Self-Defense class on Saturday, August 19, 2023, at 11 am in the Sanctuary. The class will be taught by Dave Ide and Dave Inglis, both former Law Enforcement Officers. The class is free. Wear comfortable clothes, sweatpants, gym clothes, etc. This will be a light hands-on class. There will be no throws to the floor. It will focus mostly on defense with the hands to stop attacks, muggings, purse takeaways, and choke holds. Please feel free to just come and watch. Please respond to Church Office or Dave Ide at cell 805-231-4766. We need to know in advance so we know how much floor space to clear in the church Sanctuary.