1. Help for the Holidays — a number of you have experienced the loss of a loved one and you are having a hard time pressing through. I have been down the grief path personally, several times. Much of my ministry has involved grief counseling. If I can be of help; please call me. I would prefer you to come to my office. I am praying for your peace and strength. If you call and I don’t pick up, please leave a message. Pastor Leonard 805-320-4984
2. If you have a medical background (such as M.D., R.N., P.A., N.A., EMT) … and are interested in serving on Jubilee’s Medical Team, please indicate so on the Information Card (found on chair backs) and return it to the office or to the Welcome Center staff. It is important for our Security Team to be aware of our Medical Team members.
3. Today, Tuesday 11.14, at 4 PM, our Grief Support Group meets. Under the leadership of Certified Grief Counselor, Paul Lenderman, you are encouraged to come and share with others any loss you have recently experienced. You will be blessed through Paul’s ministry and the encouragement of others.
4. This Friday, November 17th is Movie Night, at 6 PM. We will be showing “The Bear.” Those who have seen it highly recommend it. Invite our friends and bring snacks to share with others.
5. The Teen Challenge Ladies Choir will be with us for both services on Sunday, November 26th. If you know of anyone with any kind of addiction, be sure to invite them. The testimonies of these ladies will give them hope for their own healing. At the end of the services, we will receive a love offering for their ministry. The ladies will, once again, bring their succulent planters for sale; however, they will not be taking orders for tamales.
6. Looking ahead – Sunday, December 10th, the choir will present their Christmas Musical. Be sure to invite family and friends. This is a wonderful way to introduce them to Jubilee.
7. Friday, December 15th at 6 PM, we will have our annual Christmas dinner. The food will be delicious, the fellowship rich and the HIS Quartet will be our guests. The cost for the dinner is $15. If you can’t afford it, please let us know, we can help.
8. Just a reminder — This Saturday at 9 AM, we will have a Membership Class for those desiring to become members. Maybe you haven’t decided yet and want more information. Why not come and be a part of the class?
9. Women’s Bible Study continues each Wednesday at 9:30 AM for fellowship and 10 AM for the program. NOTE, we will not be meeting on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, November 22nd.
10. The OCC shoe boxes are packed and locally delivered, ready to begin their long journey … somewhere in the world to some very special child. Thank you to Nancy and all her faithful helpers. What an amazing team of hard workers! If you brought your shoe boxes to church in a “special” bag … take a look at the “Lost and Found” basket area. There are several bags there.
11. Last Chance — TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, 11/15 is the last day to purchase one of Dr. Morgan’s books. Just think … where can you buy a quality Christmas present for just $5.00? He has really given Jubilee special prices.
12. Men, don’t forget we have fabulous breakfasts and fellowship and faith-building meditations every Thursday morning at 6 AM. Give it a try! Newcomers are always welcome and for your first time … your breakfast is FREE. Otherwise, a $5 donation is appreciated.
13. We have a couple in our church who are in need of some light housekeeping and some transportation. Possibly a few days each week. Contact the office if interested.