1. Many thanks to all of you who made our wedding such a special time for us. Your prayers, love, encouragement, cards, and special gifts have given us memories that will last us a lifetime. We love you. Leonard and Lesley.
2. Special Services – Monday, we had a memorial service for John Allen. This Friday, at 11:30 AM, at the downtown Reardon’s, we will have a memorial service for our precious Peggy Pettit. Then on Saturday at 11 AM, at the church, we will have a memorial service for John Ryan. Please remember these families in your prayers.
3. Praise God for the return of Pastor Sherrow. It was so good to have him leading us in worship on Sunday and directing the choir. Pray for them as they get ready for the Christmas musical.
4. Looking ahead, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we will have the Teen Challenge ladies’ choir with us. This has become a tradition that we really love. The testimonies of these ladies and their music will bring you into the awesome presence of God. If you know of anyone with any kind of addiction, be sure to invite them. They will sing in both services. They will be selling their beautiful hand-made plant sculptures.
5. Every week we have new people visiting Jubilee. Most of these visitors come because you invited them. You are the best advertisement for Jubilee we have. What if each of us would prayerfully bring one new person between now and the first of the new year? I am really proud of you.
6. The months ahead are filled with many special events here at Jubilee. The Teen Challenge Ladies Choir, which we have already mentioned. In December, on Sunday, the 11th, Pastor Sherrow and our Christmas musical. On Friday, December 16th at 6 PM, we will have our annual all-church Christmas dinner. Our special guests will be the Evidence Quartet. Ticket sales start Nov. 27th, and cost $10.
7. Christmas and New Year’s both fall on Sundays, so on those two Sundays, we will have just the 10 AM service. There will be a wonderful Christmas eve service at 4 PM.
8. JOB WELL DONE! The 2022 count of Operation Christmas Child boxes is 539! YES, we exceeded last year by at least 18 boxes. It’s been a difficult and challenging year, yet you all came through with supplies and dollar donations. A special thanks to Nancy and her team. This is nearly a year-long effort and we praise God for the commitment to this cause.