1. What a Great Sunday! Sickness and the rain kept a few people away, but that didn’t take away from the rich ministry of Charlie Campbell as he taught on Bible prophecy in the morning and how to answer the objections of skeptics at 5 PM. The feedback was so positive. We will have Charlie back, for sure.
2. Have you signed up for the Branson trip, November 14-21? If you can possibly go, I would encourage you to do so. The food, fellowship, sights, sounds, the shows — all of it makes it the trip of a lifetime. See Clarence Brueckner for details.
3. Our Associate Pastor, Dave Warbritton will soon be here. His first day will be June 17th. We want to give Dave and Kodi and their children, Maci and Joshua, a royal welcome at our Jubilee Brunch. It will be Tuesday, June 18th at 10 AM. Sign-ups for the brunch will begin on Sunday, June 2nd. $5.00
4. Do You Need Help?
The Western Region of the Missionary Church has a Christian Foundation of the West that offers a variety of services to our churches, such as investing, estate planning, etc. If enough of you would like to learn more about wills, trusts, estate planning, legacy giving, etc. we would be happy to schedule a workshop using their personnel. Use the Jubilee Welcome Card and leave me a note of your interest.
5. Be sure to be present Sunday, June 9th, when the quartet from God’s Bible College is with us in concert at 5 PM. They were with us last year and everybody loved them. You don’t want to miss hearing them.
6. Do you like Jazz? There is a free concert on Sunday, June 2nd at 3 PM in the Ventura High School Auditorium. If you would like to receive their announcements by email, send your name and email address to [email protected].
7. For your information — Joan and I will be out of the office on Tuesday and Wednesday (05/21 & 22), attending the Western Regional Conference of the Missionary Church. Karen will be in the office those days. Feel free, if needed, to contact me on my cell phone – 805-320-4984.
8. “New Beginnings” … Jubilee’s 2-year celebration will be held in the Café on Sunday, May 26th. Join in for special refreshments. Thanks Anita and your loyal team!
9. It is often stated that no one likes change; however, it’s inevitable! As we progress with an all-new web-site (still under construction) and service provider, it became necessary to change our church email addresses. Please make note of the following, effective immediately:
To write to the church or church office:
[email protected] (Assoc. Pastor Dave Warbritton starts 06/17/19)
[email protected] (works Monday and Tuesday)
[email protected] (works Wednesday and Thursday)
For the media team: