1. Prayer Meeting this week. Please join us Wednesday evening at 6 PM for an hour of prayer for our nation. Satan is leading a battle for the very soul of our nation. We must stand in the gap for America and intercede as never before. Ezekiel 22:30
“So, I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.”
2. A Wonderful Evening of Worship is in store for all ages this Sunday when “Adoration”, the quartet, is with us from God’s Bible College. They have a great sound and you will be blessed by the message conveyed.
3. Dave Warbritton, our new Associate Pastor, his wife Kodi and their children (Maci, 14; Joshua 6) are on their way here. They should arrive next Monday. Pray for their safety as they travel.
Also, pray for Paul and Nancy Dolton as they drive the truck with the Warbritton’s belongings.
4. Plan to attend the brunch for the Warbritton family on Tuesday, June 18th at 10 AM. ALSO, we will be collecting gift cards for them. To help them get settled into their home and life in Ventura, please bring gift cards from any variety of stores…. such as Kohl’s; Bed, Bath…; Lowes, etc. or for meals, such as In & Out Burger, Chick-fil-A, or pizza!
Bring your gift cards to the Information Table on Sunday.
5. Our 2nd annual Church Business Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, 09/15/19. It will be held immediately after the church service. The purpose of the meeting is to receive reports, elect candidates to offices and vote on other church business, as required.
Your elected Nominating Committee will be meeting to consider candidates for the Church, Deacons and Missions Boards. From 06/23 through 07/14, you will have the opportunity to recommend candidates for these boards. Be watching Jubilee Weekly and the Bulletin for additional information on the nominating process, including how and where to submit candidates’ names.
6. Note Date Change: the “Mark’s Ministry Grief Group”, led by Pastor Paul Lenderman, will meet the 3rd Tuesday, June 18th., 4-5 PM. (Rather than the 2nd Tuesday.) Keep in mind that Paul is a Certified Grief Counselor. We want to offer this ministry to the community, so pass the word — even come with them the first time.
7. Be on the Alert! In our series in 1 John, the “Apostle admonishes us to test the spirits to see if they are really of God.”
There is a book I’d really recommend you get that will help you understand what different religious groups believe. It is “The Challenge of the Cults and New Religions” by Ron Rhodes. It is excellent and very readable.
8. A Reminder to Our Men —A special time of food, fellowship, worship and time in God’s Word happens every Thursday morning at 6 AM. If you haven’t been attending, give it a try. You will like it and you will make some new friends.
9. Have you tried the “Faith-Aid” Adult Bible Class. It is taught by Dr. Steve Button. I would really encourage you to give it a try. The class meets at 10:40 AM every Sunday in the Multi-Purpose Room. It is another opportunity for solid Bible teaching designed to strengthen your faith.
10. Oberammergau – This event takes place in Germany every ten years and dates back to 1634 during their 30-year war. This village was spared the Black Plague and for this reason, the citizens vowed to honor the last days of the life of Christ. Travel dates are September 21 – October 1, 2020. See Linda Lindemann at the Information Table for the brochure.
11. It’s time for the Little Red Schoolhouse Fair Outreach! Greeters and teachers are needed for this vital children’s ministry. Training will take place here at Jubilee, on Sunday, June 30th at 1 PM. See Linda or Nancy at the Information Table for more information or to sign-up.
12. Hear Ye, Hear Ye!! Effective Immediately! New email addresses:
Pastor Leonard: email@example.com
Pastor Dave: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Office: email@example.com
Joan (Mon/Tues): firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen (Wed/Thurs): email@example.com
For the Media Team: firstname.lastname@example.org