1. The Warbritton’s have arrived! Dave, our new Associate Pastor, wife Kodi and children, Joshua and Macy are here and are getting settled. We thank the LORD for their safe arrival. Let’s all be here Sunday to give them a royal welcome.
2. Plan to attend the brunch honoring the Warbritton family on Tuesday, June 18th at 10 AM. We need you to sign up. Call the church office (805)535-4325. There is a minimal cost, for this catered brunch, of $5.00.
3. A Memorial service for Peter Peterson will be this Saturday at 11 AM at the Charles Carroll funeral home. Please remember the family in prayer.
4. Are you interested in church membership? If you are, forms for that purpose are at the information table. Pick them up, complete them and return them to the church office.
5. Have you been baptized since becoming a Christian? This is a step, that Jesus personally asks you to take. Pick up the form at the information table, complete and return to the church office.
6. Hey everybody — this Sunday is Father’s Day. We have a special gift for every dad who is present.
7. Don’t miss the trip to Branson, November 14-21. Pick up the information on Sunday and get signed up. If you have questions, ask Clarence Brueckner.
8. There is still time to sign up for Oberammergau. Contact Linda Lindeman for further information. This event only occurs every ten years.
9. A great book that would help you discern what false cults and new religions really believe, is “The Challenge of the Cults and New Religions” by Ron Rhodes. You might be able to get it second-hand.
10. Check out our all-new church website. Venturajubileefellowship.org
It is still “under construction” and is really taking shape. Many thanks to Peter Simson, Mike Wickham, Sr. and Joan and Karen, from our office, for all the work they have put in on this project.
11. Coming events that you don’t want to miss:
A. National Police Dog Foundation dinner on Tuesday, July 23rd at 6 PM.
B. Our first annual mission’s conference,
August 17-25. What a great event this will be.
12. A reminder to our men — don’t miss our Thursday morning breakfasts and Bible studies. These are really great times of fellowship, food, worship and time in word. Bring a friend.
13. Do you need professional help with your will, trust, investment portfolio, legacy giving?
The Western Region of the Missionary Church has a “Christian Foundation of the West” that offers such help. We would like to bring a team here from the Foundation to put on a workshop to answer your questions. If you would like to attend such an event, fill out our “Welcome Card” in the back of the chairs, and write “Foundation Seminar” on it. We will keep you posted.
14. A reminder of our new email addresses:
Pastor Leonard firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Dave email@example.com
Karen Fetter firstname.lastname@example.org
Joan Parks email@example.com (please note “p”)
Church office firstname.lastname@example.org
Media email@example.com (please note “team”)
15. Don’t forget, we moved the Grief Counseling time for June. It will be Tuesday, June 18th at 4 PM. Pastor Paul Lenderman, Certified Grief Counselor, is leading this group. His experience in grief counseling is exceptional.