ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
1. It is time for Jubilee to gather once again for our monthly Prayer Meeting and intercede for the nation. We will meet Wednesday at 6 PM in the Worship Center. Please join us.
2. By the way men — we will be meeting, as usual, this Thursday, July 4th at 6 AM for our breakfast, worship and Bible study. I will continue our study on “We have an Adversary”.
3. Just a reminder that on Saturday, July 13th at 9 AM, we will have a Membership Class for those interested in joining Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. Please have your forms in to us right away for us to review before the meeting.
4. The Pain of Shingles … As you learned on Sunday, I am dealing with Shingles. It is a miserable affliction. Several years ago, Joyce and I both had the vaccination and since, we both came down with Shingles. My doctor says there is a new vaccine that came out about a year ago that is much more effective. According to WebMD, “the FDA approved the new vaccine called Shingrix in October 2017. Last January, the CDC officially recommended that adults 50 and over get the new vaccine to prevent this painful, blistering disease instead of the previous one, (Zostavax).”
5. The Nominating Process — We just have until July 14th to submit candidate recommendations to the Nominating Committee. This is YOUR opportunity to encourage folks to take on an active role in the life of our church. Jubilee’s development and growth is an outcome of the amazing talent and gifts our membership has shared. Candidate Recommendation Forms are available at the Information Table. Be sure to consult with the “candidate” before submitting their name. They must be a member of the church and in accordance with the Bylaws, Church Board candidates must be male.
6. The Branson Trip is the experience of a lifetime. It is wonderful to experience it with people you know and love. We are scheduled to go November 14-21, 2019. Folks, the Christmas spirit in Branson is fantastic. If you are interested, see Clarence at the Information Table.
7. Sign-up this Sunday for our Jubilee dinner where we will feature the
K-9 program. Several years ago, Jubilee raised the money to pay for a police dog for the Ventura Police Department. On Tuesday, July 23rd, at 6 PM, we will have a dinner and feature several of the dogs in several exercises. It will be a great evening. Cost for the dinner is $ 12.00
8. Reserve these dates on your calendar: August 17-25, 2019, for our first annual Mission’s Conference. This is a week we want the whole church to experience.
9. Reminder … if you would like to be added to the Jubilee Prayer Team, contact the office (805-535-4325 or email@example.com). A new list is distributed every Monday, via email or you can pick up a hard-copy at the Information Table. Prayer works!
10. Take a look … at our amazing book exchange tables. Thank you, Jackie Peterson, for maintaining this unique book ministry. Bring books, take home books. They are there for YOU. Located in back-side of the Worship Center.