1. Service for Pastor David Warbritton Jr.
· Visitation: Ted Mayr Funeral Home, 3150 Loma Vista Rd.; Wed. 08/07/19, 5-6 PM family;
All others – 6-8 PM.
· Burial: Conejo Mt. Funeral Park, 2052 Howard Rd. Camarillo; Thurs. 08/08/19, 10 AM.
· Memorial Service/Reception: Ventura Jubilee Fellowship, Thurs. 08/08/19, 11:30 AM
Please uphold the family in prayer.
2. Our first Missions Conference, as a new church, is about to take place. Dates are August 18th-25th.
Sunday, August 18th –
· 10:40 AM – Dr. Mike Patterson will speak to Steve Button’s Adult Bible Class.
· 11:30 AM – Pastor Lewis McClendon will speak for the worship service.
· 5:00 PM – Dalton & Paulette Walker will share during “Message & Fellowship”. Light meal served.
Tuesday, August 20th –
· 8:00 PM – Men will get on board the boat for a day of fishing – returning home Wed. 6 to 7 PM.
Wednesday, August 21st –
· 10:00 AM – Ladies Tea. Reservations at the Information Table, cost: $5.00
In the afternoon, the missionary ladies will go shopping. You are encouraged to purchase “cash-cards” for the ladies to use.
Thursday, August 22nd –
In the evening, three of our Small Groups will host a missionary couple for dinner in the home.
Friday, August 23rd –
There will be a luncheon that includes Missions Board members and spouses, the Missionary
Couples, church staff and spouses.
Saturday. August 24th is a free day for the missionaries to do whatever they please.
Sunday, August 25th
· 10:40 AM – Dalton Walker will speak to Steve Button’s Adult Bible Class.
· 11:30 AM – Dr. Mike Patterson will speak for the worship service.
· 5:00 PM – Our mission’s fund-raising banquet. It is so exciting to see how much we can present to each couple for their ministry. (You must have a ticket, cost is $10, children 6-13 $5, children 5 and under are free.)
3. An Opportunity to Serve. Jubilee is a very active church and we discover more and more the need for volunteers. We are looking for volunteers (men and ladies) to serve on a “Hospitality Team.” This team will be responsible to help the church’s special events.
4. Helping You Fulfill the Great Commission — Someday every believer will appear before Christ at the Judgment Seat of Christ. At that time, we will be judged for what we have done to fulfill the Great Commission. To help you fulfill the Commission, we are showing the powerful movie, “God is not Dead.” People of all ages will appreciate its message. Please invite family and friends to come with you. It could change their lives.
5. Just a Reminder — Our monthly Grief Group will be meeting on Tuesday, August 13th, from 4:00 to 5:00 PM. Jubilee’s Certified Grief Counselor, Paul Lenderman, leads this group prayer support and spiritual counseling. It is for anyone seeking Biblical answers to questions about faith, life, death and grief.
6. Our next Baptism Service will be Sunday, September 15th, at the 11:30 AM worship service. If you have accepted Christ, then He asks you to acknowledge that decision by being baptized, so it comes down to a matter of obedience. Pick up the form on the Information Table, complete it and return to the church office.
7. Going to Branson, MO is really the trip of a lifetime. You should consider going with our church group November 14-21. See Clarence Brueckner for details.