ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
1. Do you need help with financial planning, wills, trusts, investing? This Sunday, right after church we will be having a seminar with representatives from the Christian Foundation of America. There is no cost for the seminar, but you must sign-up by this Wednesday as we will serve a light lunch and need to know how much food to prepare. 805-535-4325
2. The reason we are showing the “God Is Not Dead” movies:
· First, we are showing these movies to strengthen the faith of all Christians.
· Second, in these movies, you have an opportunity to learn how to defend your faith.
· You can bring non-Christians to these movies and help them see how reasonable it is to become a Christ-follower.
3. The results of our Annual Congregational Meeting last Sunday:
All who were nominated were elected.
All of the proposed By-law changes were passed. Thank you for participating in this process. Reminder: We will have a very short business meeting after the service on Oct. 13th to approve the minutes of the 2018 and 2019 Annual Congregational meeting.
4. Ladies – There is still time for you to sign up for the new Bible Study that has just begun. Over fifty ladies have already signed up. There is a $15 charge for the study book on Mark.
5. Would you like to learn how easy it is to share your faith?
On Saturday, Sept. 28th, from 9 AM – 3 PM, we are presenting a special training program with a long-time friend, Kevin Allen. It is based on the Gospel of Mark. All of us are responsible for carrying out the Great Commission, given by Christ. This seminar will help equip you to do that. Lunch is provided. We need you to register by Wednesday, September 25th.
6. A great tool for Jubilee — our Pictorial Church Directory! It’s the brain-child of our own Clarence Brueckner. It is such a valuable tool because it is one of the ways we really get to know each other. We ask each of you to submit a one-page bio of your life – career, hobbies, special interests, etc. we reproduce it in our directory. If you are not in the directory, I urge you to pick up the form at the Information Table. Fill it out and introduce yourself to us.
7. Just a reminder that every Sunday at 10:40 AM there is an adult class taught by Dr. Stephen Button. The class meets in the multi-purpose room right behind the sound booth.
8. Men — could you use some really good friends? If you could, then I urge you to attend our Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study every Thursday at 6 AM. What a great time we have … give it a try.
9. Be sure to place the Dr. Robert Morgan Bible Conference on your calendar. I hope you won’t miss a single session. The Conference is October 18, 19 & 20. We are planning for five sessions — one Friday night, three on Saturday, from 9 AM to 1 PM and one Sunday morning. These sessions will really strengthen and enrich your faith.
10. Parents and grandparents. I ask that you be vigilant in monitoring what is shown and presented in the classrooms where your young ones are attending. Some things have come to light that remind us that we need to protect our children.
11. “Loving God, Loving Each Other” — Our Jubilee Choir and Orchestra will be presenting on Sunday, September 29th at 11:30 AM. Come and bring your friends for an amazing Sunday of music, worship and inspiration.