ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
Please Note: Jim Gloyd’s funeral will be Saturday, October 26th, 10 AM at the Encounter Church (Bible Fellowship)
1. The BIG weekend has arrived – our Bible Conference with Dr. Robert Morgan begins this Friday at 6 PM. It continues Saturday morning at 9 AM to 1 PM. It will conclude Sunday morning at our 11:30 AM worship service. He will be doing a series on Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Trust Me – you do not want to miss one session. Invite others to come with you. His books have arrived! You won’t want to miss the opportunity for him to sign his books … a great Christmas gift!
2. Church Membership – several have turned in forms expressing a desire to join with Jubilee Fellowship. Perhaps you have been thinking about joining. Forms are available at the Information Table. Please turn these in right away. We will soon announce the date of the next membership class.
3. Have you been baptized since you accepted Christ. He asks you to acknowledge Him in this way. If you truly know and love Him, then you will look forward to this with great joy. Baptism forms are available at the Information Table.
4. Would you like to be a part of the Christmas Musical on December 8th? Pastor Sherrow, our worship pastor, invites you to be a part of the choir for this great event. The first practice is this Sunday at 4 PM.
5. SAMARITAN PURSE – OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD – Folks, time is running out. This is a great opportunity to spread the word to thousands upon thousands of children that we love them and more importantly, that God loves them. The simple shoe box may be the only gift “your child” receives this Christmas. Please take a shoe box and be sure to return your filled shoe box right away. If you are unable to do this, your donation of $9.00 or a multiple of $9.00, for the delivery fee for each box, is greatly appreciated. Be sure to designate “Operation Christmas Child” on your offering envelope.
6. Don’t forget what Jubilee offers on the First Wednesday and the Second Tuesday …
The 1st Wednesday of each month, at 6 PM, we have a time of prayer. Come join other prayer warriors as we lift our nation, our president, and the many concerns we, as parents, grandparents and members of our community share.
The 2nd Tuesday is when our Grief Group meets. Paul Lenderman, a Certified Grief Counselor, leads this group through the various stages of the grief process. Anyone can join anytime. Come meet and share with other folks at 4 PM.
7. Looking Ahead …
November 24th – Teen Challenge Sunday
December 8th – Christmas Musical
December 10th – Annual Christmas Dinner
8. Choir practice this Sunday, October 20th at 4 PM.