ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
A note from our pastor —
You Honor Me — I really appreciated Dave DeVries’ message on Sunday about “honoring God and Honoring each other. I praise God for giving me the privilege of being your pastor. Recently, I asked a number of our people, “What is it about Jubilee church that you love?” The answers came pouring in. So, I am asking each of you to respond by email, texting or personal note on our communication card, the same question — “What do you really love about Jubilee church?” I will tell you, right now, “the thing I love most is you the people. You inspire me to give my best to God and to you. Thank you!”
1. Update on Search for Associate Pastor. First of all, let me say we need you to pray for us. In the past week we have had at least twenty inquiries. We need wisdom to see if any of them are people the LORD wants us to consider. (We normally meet every Monday at noon.)
2. If you are free on Sundays at 11 AM, please join us in the Conference Room for pre-service prayer. As pastor, I love having people come to pray for me and the service.
3. Our Grief Program – We are so blessed to have Pastor Paul Lenderman as the director of our grief program. Recently, one of our members, who attended one of the sessions said, “I learned how to mourn the passing of my loved one, even though the passing was several years ago.” You may be in a similar situation. Your loved one may have passed several years and you have even moved on, but have you really grieved the loss of your loved one? Our group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 4 PM. I hope you will give it a try.
4. Jubilee Membership – several have recently turned in their membership application forms. We will soon schedule a class for those wanting to join. If you are interested in joining, pick up the form(s) at the Information Table, and turn them in, right away. We would love to have you join our congregation of dedicated, praying, loving and joyful folks.
5. Have you been baptized as a believer in Christ. Several have expressed a desire to be baptized. We would love to include you. Use the Jubilee Welcome card and let us know of your interest in baptism.
6. There is still time for all of us to help with the Christmas Shoe Box project, partnering with Samaritan’s Purse. The look on the faces of those boys and girls in other countries, is so deeply touching. Most have never received a gift of any kind — they open their box and the reaction speaks for itself. Go to the Information Table to learn how you can help.
7. MOVIE Night – The True Story … “The Case for Christ”. Working to disprove the growing Christian faith of his wife, Lee Strobel, an investigative journalist for the Chicago Tribune, chases down the biggest story of all times. Come join us for a one-night showing, Wednesday, November 13th at 5 PM.
8. Ladies and Gentleman … there’s a place for YOU!
Jubilee Women’s Bible Study meet every Wednesday at 10 AM. Come for a time of study, prayer, fellowship and song. Long-term friendships have developed from this very special time.
Jubilee Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study meet every Thursday morning 6 AM. Come for a delicious breakfast and a time of fellowship that can’t be beat! You’ll be glad you came!
9. The Lost & Found Basket is located over by the Book Exchange area. We will be donating its contents the first week in December to the Goodwill. Take a look, you may find your glasses, umbrella, coffee mug, etc.