EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
For those of you who do not receive the weekly Prayer Request mailing, we wanted to also share with you that Katrina Morgan (Dr. Robert Morgan’s wife) passed away on Monday morning. Prayers of comfort for Dr. Morgan, his daughters and grandchildren are appreciated.
1. This Wednesday at 5 PM, the movie, “The Case for Christ” will be shown. It is the true story of how atheist journalist, Lee Strobel, came to faith in Christ. Please invite people that don’t go to church. Pray for them to receive Christ.
2. Your Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes should be brought to the church TODAY, Tuesday, 11/12/19. The blessing we receive, through the recipient’s testimonies, is worth every minute put into this project. An Guatemalan orphan stated, “my favorite thing in the box was my very own toothbrush!”
3. Have you been attending Jubilee and not become a member? Please consider joining this congregation of loving, caring and committed Christians. We’d love to have you join. If interested, complete a Jubilee Welcome card, found in the sanctuary chair-back and place in offering bag. Check-off “I’m interested in becoming a member”.
4. We are planning our next ordinance of Baptism. If you have claimed Jesus as your Lord and Savior, through profession of your faith, you will be blessed by publicly sharing your belief. If interested, simply complete a Jubilee Welcome card, found in the sanctuary chair-back and place in offering bag. Check-off “I would like to be Baptized”.
5. Important Dates:
· Our Christmas musical, December 8th, 11:30 AM – “The Greatest Story Ever Told” will be led by our worship pastor, Mike Sherrow. Be sure to let others know and encourage them to attend.
· Our Annual Christmas Dinner, Tuesday, December 10th, 6 PM. Reservations start on 11/24, Cost is $7.00 for dinner and program.
· This year Jubilee will have it’s first Christmas Eve Service, 5 PM.
· Josh McDowell will be with us January 25 & 26, 2020. Save the dates!!
· Dr. Robert J. Morgan will be with us March 13-15, 2020.
· Brady Shoemate will be sharing on cancer research on Tuesday, January 14th, Jubilee Brunch.
6. Here is an event all ages will want to be present for — Sunday, November 24th, the Teen Challenge Ladies Choir. If you know of anyone with drug or alcohol abuse, be sure to encourage them to attend this service.
7. Be sure to pray for your Associate Pastor Search Committee as we go through the process of finding God’s choice for our church.
8. Every Sunday morning at 11 AM, we encourage you to join Pastor Leonard in the Conference Room for pre-service prayer. This time of hearts united in prayer makes a real difference in our services.
9. The Bible commands us to pray for those in authority over us. One of the ways our God determines whether we are serious and want His help is by the way we intercede in prayer. Let’s thank God for our veterans, and active military.
10. An opportunity for Service — every week a team of people go into a number of nursing homes and retirement places to take church to those not able to come and worship with us. We need a teacher and pianist for the Lexington right away to cover the first Sunday of the month. The service begins at 2 PM and goes about 40 minutes. You will be a blessing and be blessed. Call Pastor Leonard if you are interested. 805-535-4325
11. If you miss a sermon and would like to see Pastor Leonard’s sermons, they are posted on U-Tube each week. OR … if you would like a hard-copy, call the office and we will print one up for you.
12. Flyers and envelopes for the Missionary Church 2019 THANKSGIVING Offering are available at the Information Table. Contributions last year made a difference in many states as well as it helped launch new ministries in Angola, Honduras and Japan. This year the offering will be used to multiply disciples and churches in Hawaii and in the Southeast (Tn, VA, NC) and make it possible for the World Partners staff to equip and encourage groups of believers in the Middle East and North Africa.