ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
END OF YEAR GIVING — Someone reminded me the other day that in the two plus years, since Jubilee was born, that I have not given one sermon on tithing or stewardship. I don’t know if that is a weakness on my part, but part of the reason is due to your generous giving. We have been really blessed by your faithful giving. As we come to the end of 2019, I would like you to pray about a really strong finish.
· We are paying $18,012 per month to lease this building. That will be going up due to the landlord being hit with a hefty tax increase.
· Our monthly costs to operate the ministry here are increasing.
· We hope to have a new Associate Pastor on board early in the new year. I know you have a good idea what it costs to live here. In all likelihood, an addition to salary and benefits, we will be having moving expense. So, your faithfulness is really important.
· We plan to put a very exciting new entrance into the building that will be very inviting. It is a costly project, but we feel very necessary.
· We have several major ministry events already scheduled for the new year, including …
Josh McDowell, January 25-26, 2020
Dr. Robert Morgan, March 13-15, 2020
So, though this isn’t a sermon, it is coming from my heart to yours, as your pastor and shepherd.
1. This Sunday — The Teen Challenge Ladies Choir will be singing their songs and sharing their testimonies of the victory they are enjoying over the addictions they were previously caught or enslaved in.
2. Be sure to pass the word and invite people to the choir and orchestra Christmas musical, “The Greatest Story Ever Told”, on Sunday, December 8th at 11:30 AM. It is going to be a great morning. People will be greatly blessed.
3. Our Annual Christmas Dinner will be Tuesday, December 10th at 6 PM. Our special guest will be Rev. Paul Lenderman. He is a Certified Grief Counselor who leads our own program. Paul has many gifts, one being music, another is communication and another is love for people. Reservations will be taken this Sunday, for $7.00. Feel free to invite family and friends.
4. Again, this season, we are partnering with the Christmas Shoppe. We have one of their boxes with brochures telling the kind of gifts they would like to receive to pass on to children in our area. These are kids who otherwise will have a bleak Christmas. Let’s fill that box so that it overflows. Toys will be picked up on December 8th.
5. There is something special about “belonging” to the family of God. Jubilee is affiliated with the Missionary Church USA, and we encourage you to be part of this spiritual and denominational body. Membership is an opportunity for you to have a voice in the life and direction of our church.
We will be holding a church membership class, December. If you are interested in joining Jubilee, pick up a Membership Form at the Information Table or call the office to have one mailed to you. 805-535-4325.
6. Our Christmas Child Shoe-box project has been completed. A HUGE thank you to Nancy Farrar and her team for managing this endeavor from ordering the shoe-boxes, staffing the Info Table each week and packing them up! A final report is forthcoming.
In the interim … if you have a shoe-box that you still want delivered, you can take it to the center at Camarillo Christian Church, 1777 Arniell Road in Camarillo. BEFORE next Saturday. Thank you to all who participated in this blessed ministry.
DID YOU KNOW? Hard copies of the “Jubilee Weekly” are available on the Information Table, each Sunday morning.