Announcements & Events
1. Please join me this Wednesday at 6 PM in the Multipurpose room for an hour of prayer for our nation, our church, our families and the glory of God.
2. Next Sunday, December 8th, at 11:30 AM, our choir and orchestra will be presenting the Christmas musical entitled “The Greatest Story Ever Told”. It has a powerful message. Let’s do everything we can to fill every chair and share the inspiration of this musical with others.
3. This would be a good time for you to become a member of Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. If you plan to join, please get your membership forms to us right away so we have time to review them. The Membership Class is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 14th, 9-11 AM.
4. One week left to fill the box of the Christmas Shoppe. You were fantastic in filling the shoe boxes for children in other countries. We also have children right here in our county that won’t have much for Christmas. They will pick the box up on December 9th. Let’s have it overflowing.
5.Our Annual Christmas Dinner will be Tuesday, December 10th at 6 PM. Rev. Paul Lenderman will be our special guest. You will love this multi-talented young man. Cost for the dinner and program is $7.00. Be sure to call the office if you plan to come, 805-535-4325.
6. Dr. Mel Cheatham is teaching our Adult Bible Class. Come this Sunday to hear his message, “Where Can One Find Faith?” And… the following Sunday, “How to Live One’s Faith.” Class starts at 10:40 AM in the Multi-Purpose Room.
7. Take a peek at our new Welcome Center! It is located in the foyer and we have a team of folks supporting this vital ministry. If you are interested in serving, in this welcoming ministry, call the church office or let one of the Welcome Greeters know of your interest. It’s a great way to meet new folks!
8. A brand new version of “Pilgrim’s Progress” will be shown here on Wednesday, Dec. 18th at 5 PM. It is an animated movie that all ages are relating to. The book, “Pilgrim’s Progress” has been an all-time best seller second only to the Bible.
9. December is a wonderful time for us to review our year end giving. Perhaps you are in a position where you can make a special gift to our general fund or to missions. We want to be in the strongest position possible as we begin 2020. By February, we hope to bring on our new Associate Pastor.
We are now interacting with City regarding the new entrance we want to put in, where the roll-up door currently is. We have made so many improvements since being in the building, with lights, sound, seating and more because we had men who could do it, making our dollars go further.