ANNOUNCEMENTS & EVENTS
1. Just a Reminder – if you want to make a special year-end gift to the church or missions, this would be the time to do it. Thank you so very much for your faithful stewardship throughout the year.
2. This Sunday, at 11:30 AM, we have something very special. Brad Lawson, pastor of Two Trees Community, will be our guest. You will be blessed by his passion for Jesus and God’s word. We thank the LORD for the rich relationship we have between the two churches.
3. Tonight, Tuesday, December 24th, at 5 PM we will have our first Christmas Eve service, as a new church. We hope you will attend and invite others to come with you.
4. A special brunch will be held on Tuesday, January 14th at
10 AM. Our guest will be Brady Shoemate. His mother is Beverly Shoemate, a member of our church. Brady has, for a number of years, been involved in cancer research and will be sharing about that subject. We must limit attendance to 50 people. Reservations will be available January 5th & 12th. Cost will be $7.00
5. New members will be received on Sunday, January 12th. Several have already turned in membership forms and are ready to join. If you are interested, and we hope you are, we should have your application form by this Sunday. Call us if you have any questions. 805-535-4325
6. If you have accepted Christ, please let us know so we can guide you in your new life in Christ. The very next step for you should be believer’s baptism. We would like to have a class on Saturday, January 18th at 9 AM and then baptism on the 19th. Baptism is one of the ways we acknowledge our relationship with Christ, as our Savior.
7. AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY! On Saturday, January 25th, and Sunday, January 26th, we will have one of the world’s best-known defenders of scripture, expositor of God’s truth and evangelist – Josh McDowell. Normally, a church our size wouldn’t stand a chance to have Josh. He is in demand all over the world. On Saturday, from 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM, he will put on three seminars. Sunday morning, he will share his personal testimony, which is powerful. Sunday evening, he will deliver a message about our spiritual relationships with our children and grandchildren.
Folks – I don’t want any of you to miss one minute of Josh’s ministry. Plan to attend every session. Also, I urge you to invite people who aren’t going to church anywhere or people who just don’t know the LORD. This is an opportunity of a life-time. Pleased don’t miss it.