The Bible is full of promises given to us by God, who loves us.
The Apostle Paul, in his letter to Titus wrote –
“This letter is from Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ. I have been sent to proclaim faith to those God has chosen and to teach them to know the truth that shows them how to live godly lives. This truth gives them confidence that they have eternal life, which God – who does not lie – promised before the world began.” (Titus 1:1-2 NLT)
In 2 Corinthians 1:20-22 (NKJV) Paul wrote, “For all the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, to the glory of God through us. Now, He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us in God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.”
The Apostle Peter (1:4 NLT) wrote, “And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.”
Note: GOD IS THE ULTIMATE PROMISE KEEPER!
He not only makes promises, but He keeps them. In Joshua 21:45 we read, “Not a word failed of any good thing which the LORD had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.”
Peter tells us that God’s promises are great and precious.
1. God promises us forgiveness of our sins. John 3:16, 1 John 1:9
2. He promises us strength as we serve Him. Isaiah 40:29-31; Philippians 4:13
3. He promises sustaining grace for every situation. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9
4. He promises special blessing for those living godly lives. Psalm 5:12
5. He promises comfort for those who mourn.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5; Revelation 21:4
6. He promises hope for us as we face death. Revelation 14:13; Psalm 23:4-6
7. He promises to be with us in all circumstances and situations.
Matthew 28:18; Hebrews 13:5-6
8. He promises to supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
9. He promises that we shall be resurrected after we die. John 11:25-26
10. He promises us eternal life as we trust in Him. Romans 6:23
11. He promises us a home in heaven with Him forever. John 14:1-4
This is just the tip of all that God promises to those whose hope and trust reside in Him. I hope you will look up every verse I have listed for you and use a highlighter to mark them so that you can read them often.
God Bless You,
Mission Focus: Don & Kathy Mingo.
The Mingo’s are veteran missionaries who left the field to pastor a church. They were led to create a ministry for missionaries who are discouraged, physically and mentally exhausted and considering leaving the mission field. They befriend, counsel and redeem them.