1. Report on Search for Associate Pastor.
Ever since the Lord called Pastor Dave Warbritton home, on July 29th, I have had a team working with me to see who the LORD would send here to work alongside of me. This time, the search has been harder. We have gone through many resumes, conducted a number of interviews and have narrowed the search down to two people. Both of them are licensed and ordained in the Missionary church.
Next Sunday, (February 16th) our daughter (Pam) and my son-in-law, Jim Merillat will be with us. Jim is being considered for the position. They have been with us on numerous occasions, but never in this capacity. Jim will bring the message.
On Sunday, March 8th, Aaron Bellar and his wife, Angela, will be with us. He is a navy chaplain, having recently completed a tour in Africa.
The Associate Pastor is a staff position and ultimately, I have to decide, with God’s help and your feedback, who can best assist me in this ministry. So, we ask you to pray as never before for the Holy Spirit to guide us.
2. Our next Movie Night will be Wednesday, February 19th at 5:30 PM. NOTE THE NEW TIME. We will show the movie, “Breakthrough”. It is the true story of a young man who fell through the ice and when he was recovered, there was no way that he could live. You don’t want to miss… “the rest of the story!” Be sure to invite others to come with you.
3. Just a reminder that, from time to time, we will be giving special recognition to those, who bring as their guests, people they hope will want to be a part of Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. Be sure to introduce them to us when you arrive … you will be blessed.
4. An Idea — If you can get a copy of the February 2020 “Decision Magazine”, put out by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, it would be very helpful in relation to our new series on the Book of Revelation.
5. “What the Bible is All About” – did you know that there is one consistent theme from Genesis to Revelation? March 13-15, Dr. Robert Morgan will un-wrap that theme for us. You do not want to miss this man’s teaching. Be sure to spread the word and invite others out. (You will also want to get a copy of his brand new book … “100 Bible Verses that Made America”. “Trying to explain American history without its Bible is like trying to understand the human body without its bloodstream. Had there been no Bible, there would be no America as we know it. It is the Bible that made America.” Robert J. Morgan
6. Ready … Set …. here we Go with a new series in our Adult Bible Class. Richard Abbey will be presenting Paul’s Epistles. His first lesson is, “The Life of Paul in Acts.” Plan to join us on Sunday, February 23rd at 10:40 AM, in the Multi-Purpose Room. Class will dismiss promptly at 11:20 AM, in plenty of time join the Jubilee Worship Service.
7. Lost & Found – Just a reminder that our Lost and Found “basket” is by the Book Exchange tables. Be sure to check it occasionally. We have a walker, in the church office. It may have been left during the Josh McDowell Conference.
8. The Church Directory updates are ready to be picked up. If you have a Church Directory, please come to the Information Table and pick up your updates to be inserted into your directory. If you are unable to come to church and need your directory updates mailed to you, please contact the church office: 805-535-4325 or email@example.com. Be sure to leave us your current mailing address.