We have just celebrated the resurrection of our wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. These last several months have really been hard, as so many have been affected by coronavirus. Many have died. Our son, Sheldon, has some of the symptoms, so they are treating him as though he has the virus.
In light of the cloud of heaviness that hangs over us, I thought we could all use some good news. This time of panic is going to pass. In fact, this very world is going to pass away. We have something far better to look forward to… Heaven, which lasts forever. Here are some basic truths to hang your faith on.
1. Heaven is a real place that God is preparing for those who love Him.
In John 14:1-3 (NLT), Jesus said to His disciples – “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in Me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you I am going there to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you so that you will always be with me where I am. And, you know the way to where I am going.”
* A bit later He shared with them that there is only one way to get there. (John 14:6, Jesus told him (Thomas) “I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one can come to the Father except through me.”
2. Heaven is way beyond our present ability to comprehend. In 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 (NLT) the Apostle Paul wrote, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him. But it was to us that God revealed these things by His Spirit. For His Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.”
*You will not be disappointed with heaven and all that He is preparing for you/us.
3. Heaven will be a place of pure joy – no death, pain or suffering.
In Revelation 21:3-4 (NLT) the Apostle John shares with us what was revealed to him.
“I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying ‘Look, God’s home is now among His people! He will live with them, and they will be His people. God Himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, or sorrow, or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
*What a day that will be! Do you think you can handle it?
4. Our present bodies will be transformed.
In 1 Corinthians 15:50-55 (NLT) the Apostle Paul wrote—“What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever. But, let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed. It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And, we who are living will also be transformed. For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed in to immortal bodies. Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed, into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?”
*Think of it – new bodies that will never die – they last forever. Are you ready?
5. Heaven will be a place of indescribable beauty – GOD LIVES THERE! In Revelation 21:18-23, it was revealed to John – “The wall was made of jasper and the city was pure gold, as clear as glass. The wall of the city was built on foundation stones inlaid with twelve precious stones: the first was jasper, the second was sapphire, the third was agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were made of pearls – each gate from a single pearl! And, the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass. I saw no temple in the city, for the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY and the LAMB are its temple. And, the city had no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the LAMB is its light.”
*Can you imagine? Are you interested? Are you ready? All of this for those who receive Jesus Christ as Savior and LORD.
In Acts 4:12, the Apostle Peter wrote, “There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”
· We need to be saved if we plan to make heaven our home.
· There is only one way to be saved – by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ – welcoming Him into your heart and life. (If you haven’t done that, you can do it right now whoever and wherever you are.)
See you there, Pastor Leonard