1. Church Membership – Our plans are to have a membership class this Saturday, July 11th at 9 AM. We need to know if you plan to attend. Your coming does not mean you are joining. It may be that you want to learn more about Ventura Jubilee Fellowship. So, if you plan to attend, please call, text, or email the church right away.
2. John Baily, age 95 and a World War II Veteran graduated to heaven on June 26th. He and Naomi were married for 73 years. Please remember her and this remarkable family in prayer.
3. Update Regarding Joyce – Two months ago they figured she would see Jesus in about a week. She wasn’t eating. Then, she seemed to catch a second wind. Everything she eats is pureed. She tries to respond and sometimes will nod her head. Now and then we even get a smile. Things are changing, but all I can tell you is that Psalm 31:15 is true – “Our times are in His hands.” Thank you for your prayers.
4. Let’s Unite our Hearts in Prayer – I am so grateful for all of those who have signed on to be a part of our prayer team. I’m wondering if all of us could unite our hearts together for 10 minutes every Wednesday during the noon hour. I would like us to begin by thanking God for His love, amazing grace and goodness to us and then spend the rest of the time in intercession. For example, we could ask the LORD to help them find a vaccine for the virus. We need to pray for God’s will for the upcoming elections. This may be the most important election in our history as a nation. I believe united prayer can make a difference. God is listening. Jer. 33:2-3.
Please note the following 07/07/20 update on Pastor Leonard’s back issue:
The MRI shows that the main spinal channel, through which the nerves pass, is closing and is severely pinching the nerves. He will be seeing a neurosurgeon on Thursday. Pray for clarity in what steps to take in dealing with the problem.
5. Sound Techs – Are you or do you know someone interested? Jubilee is in need of additional sound techs. Pray that those who are gifted with this ministry or those interested in learning will come forward. Call or write and we will share further details.
6. If you are aware of anyone who is unable to come to Jubilee church services or watch the service on their computer, please let us know who they are. We are happy to provide them with a “hard copy” of the sermon or a DVD. If they need help accessing “live-stream” or the recorded message, we are happy to provide specific instructions. We want everyone who is a part of our Jubilee family to have access to our Sunday worship time.
7. Jubilee Church is a safe place to be. We welcome your presence on Sunday mornings (with a reservation if you have not attended the 11:30 AM service before) or at the 4 PM service (no reservation required). Our staff and volunteers have spent countless hours preparing for your visit. We have hired professional sanitizing services as well as installed “no-touch” bathroom facilities (quite a transformation has taken place!) We have been careful to follow the CDC, State and local guidelines in all we do. Temperature taking, no hands-on attendance sign-in, and offering masks are a must and we can provide you with one. Your safety is our utmost concern.
Additional steps we have taken:
— Our own specialized sanitation team to prepare for our services (after Two Trees service).
— We’ve added plexiglass shields to our courtesy cart.
— Spaced out seating according to social distancing.
— Gallons of hand sanitizing available throughout the church.
— Easy entering/exiting through the wide roll-up door.
Don’t miss out on this unique time together in fellowship. We miss you and, as long as you do not have a risk condition, we welcome you back.
8. OUR DAILY BREAD – July, August & Sept…. both large and small print are available on the Attendance Tables.
Ventura Jubilee Fellowship
Annual Meeting September 20, 2020
Candidate Recommendation Form
Candidate Recommendation Instructions
VJF Members: Please prayerfully consider who you feel would be equipped to serve in a leadership position in our church and discuss with them their willingness to do so. Once you have obtained their permission, please use this form to submit their name for consideration by the Nominating Committee. The Committee will present formal nominations at the election to be held at our Annual Meeting, September 20, 2020. Please submit the form in a sealed envelope to the church office or to any member of the Nominating Committee. You may submit more than one form if you wish to recommend more than one candidate. You may submit your own name for consideration. Terms for elected positions are typically 2 years.
NOTE: In accordance with the By-Laws, floor nominations, at the Annual Meeting, are not accepted; therefore; you must use this form to submit your candidate recommendation.
Complete descriptions of all elected positions are contained in the church By-Laws. Copies of the By-Laws are available in the church office.
2020 Elected Position: Candidate Recommendation
I ___________________________________ recommend that the Nominating Committee
consider _____________________________________ (candidate’s name)
to serve on the (check one or more)
Church Board ______ Deacon Board _____ Missions Board _____
Nominating Committee _____
FORMS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN SUNDAY 7/19/2020
Additional Recommendation Forms and envelopes are available at the Attendance Table.
VJF Nominating Committee: Don Fromberg, Chair; Bill Abeyta, Clarence Brueckner, Nancy Drake, Debbie Inglis, Doug McCafferty, Scott Peterson, & Tom Porter