1. Just when we were loving having our church open and enjoying more and more of our people, they shut worship services down again. While we are disappointed, it is important that we keep you safe. Our goal is to use every means possible to stay in touch with you and minister to you. If you are aware of anyone who does not have computer/internet access, and would like weekly mailings, please notify the office with their name. Thank you!
2. This Past Sunday, we welcomed four new members to our fellowship. What a special part of our service that was. Join with me in welcoming and thanking the Lord for — George and Paige Cabasug; Grace Inconlingo and Roland Frieschlad.
3. Do You Text? Several years ago, I started texting a few scriptures to people going through difficult times. There is comfort, healing and strength in God’s word. Over time, my list has grown. The feedback from those receiving the verses has been amazing. I mention this because it is another way I could minister to you during these troublesome days. So — if you would like to receive these daily verses, I need to hear from you with your cell number. I always ask the LORD what verses He wants me to send out. I think that is why people are so encouraged.
4. Another Form of Communication! Starting tomorrow, Wednesday, Pastor Jim and I will be sharing brief moments of inspiration and prayer-time with you over Facebook. Join in and follow us on Facebook, “Ventura Jubilee Fellowship.” A “thumbs-up … like” is always appreciated.
5. “Special Missions Project” – It is amazing how much Jubilee can accomplish, even when we are not able to meet. Even though our Missions Conference, for this year, has been canceled, we are going to try and raise as much as possible to support our missionaries serving on foreign soil. We are asking you to pray during July and August and ask the LORD to show you what He wants you to give. Mark your gift(s) “Special Missions Project.” God Bless you.
6. Prevailing Prayer — I don’t now that there has ever been a more urgent time for God’s people to really seek the LORD. In Exodus 32 we read that while Moses was up in the mountain meeting with God, Aaron, the high priest, caved to the demands of the people and made a calf of gold for the people to worship. GOD WAS OFFENDED! When Moses returned, he saw the people out of control. Several thousand people died that day. Moses went before the Lord TO PREVAIL IN PRAYER. In verse 31 Moses prayed to God – “Alas, these people have committed a terrible sin. They have made gods of gold for themselves. (v.32) But now, please forgive their sin — and if not, then blot me out of the record you have been keeping.”
Talk about intersession! I believe that America was founded by God-seeking, God-honoring people. But, in the last number of years, we have manufactured many false gods and have forgotten the only true and living God. I am simply saying that I believe if those of us who really know the LORD, seek Him in desperation, He will heal and forgive. As Moses interceded for Israel let’s you and me really seek the LORD. Jeremiah 33:2-3 God says, “Call unto Me and I will answer; and I will show you great and mighty things you do not know.” Let’s call on the LORD!
7. Hume Lake is Open. Due to the Pandemic, Hume Lake Christian Camp has lost thousands of dollars in registration revenue. Georgia Cuxil shared the following information which you may find of interest. Check out hume.org/summer-at-hume for family activities. For reservations, call 559-305-7788.