1. Many thanks for the prayers, get-well cards, and text messages during these weeks that I have been seeking to recover my strength. I am much improved and trusting the LORD to restore me to full strength soon. You are all such a blessing to me.
2. Are You Registered to Vote? If you aren’t, I hope that you will take care of that matter right away. I believe the coming election may be the most important, in the history of our nation. It is important that every Christian vote. We are so fortunate to live in a country where we can have a voice in shaping our future. In the 2016 election, 25 million Christians did not vote. I pray that every Christian will vote in this next election.
3. “Special Missions Project” – we are just a week away from completing this special effort to strengthen the role of our missionaries during this pandemic. It is almost impossible for our missionaries on foreign soil to raise support. As you know, many churches have been closed, so offerings have fallen off thus impacting the support of our missionaries. Make it a matter of prayer, asking the LORD to show you what He wants you to give. Be sure to make your check on the memo line “Special Missions Project” or, the same if you give online. Let’s watch and see what the Holy Spirit prompts us to do.
You can give by:
A. Mail your gift: VJF 2226 Goodyear Ave. Ventura 93003
B. Bring it to the office, Mon-Thurs, 9 AM – 3 PM
(If by personal check, please indicate “Special Missions Project” on the memo line.)
C. Here is how to make your Special Missions Project gift offering on our website:
1. Go to Give, click on the Give Online Action Button.
2. In the Give To box click on the arrow and select Missions.
3. Designate “Special Missions Project” in the Notes / Memo comment box.
4. JUST ARRIVED … Large print Daily Bread, Oct-Dec. 2020. You are welcome to stop by the church office to pick up your copy. Office hours: 9 AM – 3 PM, Mon – Thurs. If you need to have one mailed to you, give us a call, 805-535-4325.
5. Pastor Jim will continue his sermon series on the names of God …
“Ner: Lamp”: Let God be your Lamp; with reference to 2 Samuel 22:29.
Watch for his sermon notes in a future email.
Because the church is still closed due to the pandemic, the Sunday sermon can be watched from your computer.
The service will be live-streamed at 11:30 AM Sunday,
Click here for live-stream.
or, you can watch via our website on Sunday afternoons.
Click here for sermons.
6. If you would like to receive some offering envelopes in the mail, please call or email the church office. Indicate how many you would like.
805-535-4325 or email@example.com.
7. Plan to pick up your Operation Christmas Child shoe-boxes:
Saturday, Sept. 5, 1 – 4 PM Sunday, Sept. 6, 1-4 PM
Saturday, Sept. 12, 1-4 PM Sunday, Sept. 13, 1-4 PM
Look for the tan van in the church parking lot. Just pull up, window down, and let the helpers know how many boxes you would like. Your box will be ready!
If you have any questions, call Nancy Drake at 805-340-4393.
Did you know …
The Samaritan’s Purse project Operation Christmas Child collects shoebox gifts‑filled with fun toys, school supplies, and hygiene items—and delivers them to children in need around the world to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way. For many of these children, the gift-filled shoebox is the first gift they have ever received.
8. PHILIPPIANS — a Bible Study presented by Associate Pastor Jim. At this time the class is on hold; however, when we announce the start date, we will have additional space for you. Keep watching for class start-up date.