1. Are You Registered to Vote? If you aren’t, I hope that you will take care of that matter right away. I believe the coming election may be the most important, in the history of our nation. It is important that every Christian vote. We are so fortunate to live in a country where we can have a voice in shaping our future. In the 2016 election, 25 million Christians did not vote. I pray that every Christian will vote in this next election.
2. “Special Missions Project” – WATCH FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENT on Sunday morning. As of this writing, we do not know the total contributed to our Special Missions Project … but we do know it will be something to shout about! Thank you, in advance, for your faithfulness and your genuine support in financial and prayer support for our missionaries.
3. Large print Daily Bread, Oct-Dec. 2020. You are welcome to stop by the church office to pick up your copy. Office hours: 9 AM – 3 PM, Mon – Thurs. If you need to have one mailed to you, give us a call, 805-535-4325.
THIS SUNDAY, 09/06, we will observe the Lord’s Supper. Pastor Jim will lead us through the communion service (online). Have your elements ready, at home. Any juice, any bread will do. Communion with our LORD can be special and life-giving no matter where you are.
4. Pastor Jim will continue his sermon series on the names of God …
“El Yeshuati: The God of My Salvation. The focus will be on the salvation God provides – not just initially, but ongoing salvation! Scripture reference: Isaiah 12:2. Watch for his sermon notes in a future email.
Because the church is still closed due to the pandemic, the Sunday sermon can be watched from your computer.
The service will be live-streamed at 11:30 AM Sunday,
Click here for live-stream.
or, you can watch via our website on Sunday afternoons.
Click here for sermons.
5. If you would like to receive some offering envelopes in the mail, please call or email the church office. Indicate how many you would like.
805-535-4325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. This Saturday, 09/05, plan to pick up your Operation Christmas Child shoe-boxes:
Saturday, Sept. 5, 1 – 4 PM Sunday, Sept. 6, 1-4 PM
Saturday, Sept. 12, 1-4 PM Sunday, Sept. 13, 1-4 PM
Look for the tan van in the church parking lot. Just pull up, window down, and let the helpers know how many boxes you would like. Your box will be ready!
If you have any questions, call Nancy Drake at 805-340-4393.