1. You People are Great! – I don’t know if you heard the announcement on Sunday, on our Live Streamed Service, but $75,995 was given during July and August for our Special Missions Project. This means that we will be able to send each of our eleven missionaries $6,909 to help them with their ministry. God will bless you for your giving. I am so proud of you.
2. Just a Reminder – If you are not registered to vote, please do so right away. Your vote is probably the most crucial this election than it has ever been. The future of our nation is at stake. BE SURE YOU VOTE.
3. Personal Update – My strength is coming back very well. On Saturday I drove a short distance for the first time, in almost two months. Unfortunately, spinal pain is showing itself in a pronounced way. I am still seeing one specialist after another, looking for answers. Please pray that I will be able to have the back surgery soon.
4. Something to Praise God for – His timing is always perfect. When we invited Jim and Pam to join our team, almost two years ago, they prayed and said, “no”. After Pastor Dave was called home, a little over a year ago, Jim, on his own, submitted his resume. We went through over 50 applications and always came back to his being the best. When we offered the position to him, this time it was an enthusiastic “yes”. Their timing in getting here was a God thing. We had no idea there was going to be a pandemic. Jim took the lead in getting Jubilee ready. We had no idea I was going to be knocked out of the loop, Jim was ready. We had no idea I was going to need a caregiver — I believe Pam saved my life because she just took charge. Your prayers and support have been a major part of my recovery. God is good and He is faithful.
5. Large print Daily Bread, Oct-Dec 2020. You are welcome to stop by the church office to pick up your copy. Office hours: 9 AM – 3 PM, Mon – Thurs. If you need to have one mailed to you, give us a call, 805-535-4325.
6. If you would like to receive some offering envelopes in the mail, please call or email the church office. Indicate how many you would like.
805-535-4325 or email@example.com.
7. Plan to pick up your Operation Christmas Child shoe-boxes:
Saturday, Sept. 12, 1-4 PM Sunday, Sept. 13, 1-4 PM
Look for the tan van in the church parking lot. Just pull up, window down, and let the helpers know how many boxes you would like. Your box will be ready!
If you have any questions, call Nancy Drake at 805-340-4393.
8. FOR YOUR INFORMATION — “I Am Tired!”
I am tired of state and local authorities who do not see the ministry of the church as essential. Just about every other entity is viewed as more important. How can you help but believe in spiritual warfare? Our first amendment rights are being intentionally trampled upon. We have taken every precaution for the safety of our people that has been required. In fact, we have exceeded what was required. We have asked for the county government to meet with us and review what we are doing and even make suggestions so that we could be given a waiver to begin our services again. No response. They have no idea all that a church offers to its’ people in the way of encouragement, fellowship, worship, teaching, assistance, and counseling. It is far more than a number of board meetings — and they are important. But most of the ministry goes on day after day. We want to work with the authorities as much as possible; but, when they display disrespect and the disregard that is being shown in this State, then the church must be true to her God-given role.
In Acts 5:17-32, we read of the authorities seeking to control the ministry of the apostles. They actually put them in prison. But, at night, an angel let them out and they went right on serving the LORD. The authorities went and brought the apostles to the council. They were confronted about what they were doing – Peter and the other apostles answered them, “We ought to obey God rather than man.” (vs. 29)
Folks — Jesus Christ is the Head of the church and we are to follow His guidance through these turbulent times. We are to preach the whole counsel of God. There are forces who want to tell us as pastors and teachers what we can or cannot teach. If we mention specific sins, we are deemed hateful and equal to terrorists. Who do we obey — I go with God!
In Hebrews 10:24-25, we read, “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” This is a word from God the Holy Spirit who inspired the Scriptures. We need to prayerfully, with the right spirit, do everything we can to be the church that Christ raised Jubilee up to be. Pray that God will give us great wisdom and discernment to proceed to be the church of Christ’s planting.
For His Glory,