1. Join us This Sunday at 11:30 AM for Outdoor Worship. I can hardly wait to see you and worship our LORD together. We will take the same precautions we do for indoor worship. We want to keep you safe and well. Please pray for an outpouring of God’s presence as we gather together.
· If you can help with the set-up, call Pastor Jim.
· Remember it is outdoors, so dress appropriately.
· Let others know and invite them to attend.
· Bring your Bibles as there will not be a screen.
Operation Christmas Child – A Great Missions Project. This project, headed by Samaritan’s Purse has touched more than 168 million children, since 1993, in countries where they have practically nothing. You should see the look on the faces of the children when they open their boxes — SHEER JOY! We provide the boxes along with the instructions; and you fill them. The final collection and dedication will be on November 22nd. If you have any questions, call Nancy Drake, 831-229-5526, or the office.
Introducing, Ryan Taylor, newest missionary supported by VJF. Read all about Ryan and GEM – Greater Europe Mission on our church website.
3. Franklin Graham and the National Prayer March at our Nation’s Capital, this Saturday, September 26th from noon to 2 PM. You may not be able to attend, but we can all join them from a distance and pray for our nation.
— Let’s pray for the pandemic to end.
— Let’s pray that our nation will repent as Nineveh did.
— Pray that a great hunger for Christ will break forth.
— Pray that churches will be able to worship indoors, real soon.
— Pray that it will be a safe march and all will be blessed.
4. Many, Many Thanks to Pastor Jim, all of you in leadership for the way you stepped up during my prolonged illness. You kept Jubilee healthy, strong, vibrant, and engaged in expanding God’s kingdom. I am so proud of all of you and I know God was honored.
5. Please Register and then Vote. I have no doubt but that this will be the most important election in our nations’ history. A choice to not vote, will in essence be a vote for the liberal progressives to take this nation on a course to certain destruction.
6. What I Believe — I believe our first amendment rights to freedom of worship are being trampled. That feeling is growing rapidly, nationwide. Some states have opened up, believing that churches meeting together is essential. A growing number of churches have begun meeting indoors, even though edicts have been given saying not to. I understand their frustration and it would be very easy to do the same. At this time, I have chosen to ask for the help of our attorney, plus several legal entities to challenge the state’s position and even take legal action, if necessary. We are asking for help from Judicial Watch, the ACLJ, and Pacific Justice Institute. I am contacting fellow pastors to form an enormous coalition asking our State to open up churches and keep them open. We have taken every conceivable precaution to keep our people safe.
We have one great tool. The vote! Find out where those seeking public office stand with regards to churches and worship. If they do not feel churches and worship are essential, then please don’t vote for them. I am hopeful our approach will be successful and I ask you to pray for us as we take these steps.