1. It Was So Good Seeing You on Sunday!
Between the Pandemic and my illness, it has been so hard for me to not see you, my church family. So, seeing you gather together brought me great joy. I loved the way you greeted each other and enjoyed each other. I know the set-up is not ideal, but at least we can be together and I cherish that, you folks are the greatest!
2. Just a Reminder – Please register to vote! I am not alone when I say that the coming election will be the most important in the history of our nation. Please be sure to vote. Pray for guidance. Don’t wait until the last moment to decide how you are going to vote. To be able to vote and decide the future of our nation is a privilege. Your vote counts! The last day to register by mail is October 19th.
3. Next Sunday we will celebrate Communion together. You don’t want to miss this remembrance time together. Watch for a forthcoming email with specific information on how we will provide and serve communion.
4. Operation Christmas Child – It is hard for us to imagine children, never having had a toy, clean drinking water, good food, medical care, etc. That is where Samaritan’s Purse comes in. They have a program called “Operation Christmas Child.” You are given a special shoebox with instructions on what to put in it. To see the look on the faces of the boys and girls, when they open the boxes is so stirring and inspiring. I hope you will join me in filling the boxes. We are attempting to fill 500 boxes this year. If you don’t have a box, stop by the church or pick one up on Sunday Morning.
5. To see Don & Kathy Mingo’s latest Missions Outreach Newsletter click here.
Why do we post our missionary newsletters on our website?
· They help us grow our global vision
· They help us stay in touch with global trends in missions
· They keep us informed of our missionaries’ work in the field
· They help give us prayer points
· They bring vitality to our church
6. Pete and Linda Simson are on their way to Iowa to be close to their children. Their new address is 2202 Washington St., Elk Horn, Iowa 51531. Pray for their safe travel.
7. Ventura County Pregnancy Center is having their virtual banquet this Thursday, Oct. 1 at 6:45 PM. You can watch the event as follows:
Click on their website – www. venturacpc.org
Or watch on Facebook – @VenturaCountyCrisisPregnancyCenter
The program begins at 7:00 pm.
Jubilee Fellowship has long supported VCPC as one of our para-church ministries.