1. This Sunday we will be celebrating communion or the Lord’s Supper. It is so special to be together again as a family and worship our wonderful Lord. I hope you can be present.
2. This Sunday, we begin our “Bible Alive” Adult classes at 9:15 AM. We are offering four classes:
“Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament” – Pam Merillat
“Discipleship” – Bill Abeyta
“The Gospel of Paul”– Richard Abbey
“The Book of Judges” – Pastor Jim Merillat
(Details of each class and how to sign up have been sent under a separate email). Call the church office if you need help with signing up. 805-535-4325
3. FALL BACK! Don’t forget, this Sunday is the time change. Before going to bed, set your clocks back one hour. Think of the EXTRA sleep you will get!
4. Attention All Ladies!!! Women’s Ministry will begin again on Wednesday, November 4th at 10 AM. It will be a six-week course on “The Birth of Jesus.” You can sign up at church or watch for an email with a registration opportunity.
5. Men’s Breakfasts will begin again on Thursday, November 12th at 6 AM. We will be serving breakfast while keeping in mind the COVID guidelines. Pass on the word … also, we would appreciate a $5 breakfast donation.
6. We are launching our movie time, once again. On Tuesday, November 10th at 2 PM we will show our first movie, “Faith Like A Potato.” It has a warm, wonderful message that all ages will enjoy. I hope you can be present. Invite a friend to come with you.
7. How ‘bout one more shoebox?!! We’re excited to see so many shoe boxes come in … packed FULL of goodies for the Operation Christmas Child project. If you need help with ideas of what to pack, we will send you a comprehensive list of great ideas. Empty boxes will be available Sunday morning for you to pick-up.
Don’t forget … we appreciate your $9.00 donation to accompany the box for shipping costs. Thank you, Jubilee, for an outstanding response so far. We will be dedicating these boxes on November 22nd.
8. We plan to have a Church Membership class in the near future. If you are interested, please contact the church office and we will send you the application form.
Why Church Membership? It is a public, overt way to express your commitment to Jubilee and its family of believers. Also, it gives you the privilege, as a voting member of the church, to share your view on leadership and the overall direction of the church. We’d love to have you explore membership by contacting the office.