1. THANK YOU for the many birthday cards, text messages, emails, and gifts you sent for my birthday. As most of you know I will celebrate it in the hospital having spinal surgery. By the time you receive this Newsletter, my surgery should be over and I will begin the recovery process. Thank you for your prayers. I know the LORD is answering them because even though the pain has been so severe, I have found His grace is sufficient.
2. LET’S UNITE IN PRAYER ASKING GOD TO DELIVER US FROM THIS VIRUS. Throughout the scriptures, we read of God using plagues and other means to discipline His people. I have no problem believing that this pandemic is being used by God to wake us up as a nation and the world that has ignored or walked away from Him. I am also convinced that IF WE TRULY REPENT OF OUR SINS AND TURN BACK TO HIM, He would hear and lift this terrible blight.
3. COVID NEWS…WE HAVE BEEN DOING VERY WELL IN THE County until the last two weeks when the numbers of cases started going back up again. So, it is anybody’s guess how long it will be to curtail and interfere with in-person worship again. If it comes to that we can worship outdoors again as long as the weather is suitable. One thing is obvious…God created us for fellowship with Him and each other. One way or another we need to be together.
4. YESTERDAY I WATCHED OUR SERVICE BY LIVE STREAMING AND WAS REALLY BLESSED! I ALSO WATCHED THE BUSINESS MEETING BY LIVE STREAMING AND WAS EQUALLY BLESSED.
The LORD has had His hand on us right from the beginning. We almost rented the Vineyard property originally but the Goodyear facility opened up and we have had a blessed ministry here. But the time has come to be wise stewards of the resources God is giving and I am very excited that we can now go to the Vineyard facility and not have to share it. Pray that my recovery from the surgery will be perfect and in record time because I am so anxious to get back in the thick of the challenge.
I have often been challenged by Nehemiah who took a contingency of people back to Jerusalem to rebuild the wall. He tells how under very difficult circumstances they completed the project, “because the people had a mind to work.” I think he was writing about Jubilee. You folks have been amazing! We have a mature Church Family but you are far from being a bunch of invalids. Our primary calling is to make disciples and build the kingdom of God and brothers and sisters, that is what we are going to do, virus or no virus. I love you and I am proud of you so let’s look for people who need Jubilee, and bring them in.
5. UPDATE – WE ARE AGAIN IN THE PURPLE TIER, WHICH MEANS NO INDOOR GATHERINGS. THEREFORE, THIS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND WILL BE HELD OUTDOORS, WEATHER PERMITTING. UNLESS NOTIFIED, PLEASE COME PREPARED FOR AN OUTDOOR CHURCH SERVICE AT 10:30 AM.
6. ALSO, ALL INDOOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDING ( BIBLE ALIVE CLASSES, WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY, AND MEN’S BIBLE STUDY AND BREAKFAST) ARE CANCELLED THIS WEEK.
PRAISE GOD AND ANSWERED PRAYER – As of this posting, Pastor Leonard’s surgery was the best possible outcome, according to his Doctor. Fusion was NOT necessary, only the sides of his spinal column were “cleaned up”. Recovery will be determined by his “rest and care”.