1. PASTOR UPDATE … God is so good. I had my spinal surgery on Tuesday, November 17th. I came home Wednesday afternoon. The only pain I feel is what you would expect from surgery. The awful pain that I endured for so long is gone. God has really been answering your prayers. Thank you for praying for me so faithfully. To God be all the glory.
2. I am excited about our future. As you know, our lease here ends the last day of March. We are proceeding to lease the facility where the Vineyard Church is located on Palma Drive. We hope to have the lease in place by January 1, 2021, so that we can go in and make some changes. We would like to begin services there at the end of February. That would give us the time we need to restore this facility to the owner’s requirements. Folks, we have some really exciting years ahead. Ask the Lord to guide you in connecting with people who should be a part of this new venture.
3. COVID update — As you know, due to the increase in the COVID-19 virus, in-person meetings are not possible. As often as possible, we will have parking lot services (weather permitting). I have loved those services. Attendance has been good, and we have really been witnessing God’s presence. The News is that good progress is being made toward effective vaccines that are supposed to be available early next year. Let’s pray that this terrible plague will soon be over.
4. Church Membership – Some of you began attending Jubilee since this church was born, three years ago. Perhaps you are ready to officially become a member. We would love to have you join. If you are interested, contact the office and we will send you the information and forms.
5. Operation Christmas Child Concludes … Many thanks to all of you who participated in this wonderful “SHOEBOX” project. We filled 385 boxes. It is conceivable that each child receiving one of the boxes might become a Christian because each box contains a Bible Study. Let’s pray that each child receiving a box will welcome Christ in his/her life.
A Note from Nancy… As you read this our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes are now at the shipping and processing facility. It was an exciting and moving experience. I cannot say enough about the generosity and great support all of you gave to this project. Thank you, especially to the over 20 people who gave your time, and showed up again and again for the work sessions to make this happen. You made all that was involved in making this happen, fun. Thank you to our amazing church staff who sent out all the updates and reminders and helped with the video’s we were able to share with you, the Missions Committee who shared the vision for this project and funded the start-up as well as the funding for the additional Discipleship program that will be available to each of our Shoebox recipients. Despite Covid restrictions, we were able to surpass last year’s shoeboxes by 71%! What a testament to your enthusiasm and dedication to spreading God’s word to the children. What a blessing it is to serve with you.
In God’s love, Nancy Drake
Women’s Ministry Board
6. Dr. Robert Morgan Book Sale — We plan to have several of Dr. Morgan’s books available to purchase on December 6th. They will make great Christmas presents. Watch Jubilee Weekly for details. Remember to save the dates: March 12, 13 & 14 for Dr. Morgan’s visit.