1. Update from Pastor Leonard – It has been over two weeks since my surgery and praise God that terrible pain I have endured since January is gone. I am to start physical therapy any day. It will last for a month. Words could never express how good it was to be in church this past Sunday and be with all of you. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement over this time. I love you.
2. Ladies … Plan to come Wednesday morning at 10 AM to continue our Bible study, The Birth of Jesus. We will continue to take every precaution to keep appropriate distances and ask that you wear your masks, with the exception of once you are seated in class.
3. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study will resume this Thursday, Dec. 10. You should have received a “reservation notification” email on Monday. Please let us know if you plan to attend. We want to order enough breakfast meals. See you Thursday at 6 AM. A $5 donation is appreciated.
4. On Sunday, December 20th, the VJF Choir will present “The Greatest Story Ever Told” — conducted by Pastor Mike Sherrow. Come and hear Pastor Leonard’s message, “The Necessity of Christmas” along with this very special Christmas musical.
5. Be sure you add to your Christmas joy by attending our Christmas Eve service at 4 PM on December 24th. I have asked Pastor Jim and Pam to do the service together. They are a team and what they plan will really add to your Christmas celebration.
6. On December 27, the Jubilee Gospel Band will lead us in a wonderful time of singing your favorite hymns. In order to do that, we need you to let us know what your favorite Christian songs are. Please text, email, or call that information to us right away.
7. Folks, this is an opportune time to join VJF. Membership offers you a very special place in belonging to this church body. If you are interested in church membership, let Pastor Leonard or Pastor Jim know. We will promptly forward a membership application.
8. Looking Ahead – Most of you, perhaps all of you, know that our days at this location, on Goodyear, will come to an end on the last day of March, when our lease expires. We will be moving to the Vineyard Church location on Palma Drive. I mention this for several reasons.
· I am excited about the move. The cost will be considerably less, which will be a plus.
· I mention it too because we need to restore this facility to the landlord’s satisfaction.
· At the same time, we have work to do to get our new church home to fix it to our liking. We are going to need a lot of volunteer help right after the first of the year. I know we can count on you who are able-bodied to pitch in and help.