1. Men’s Ministry News – We had our first gathering on Thursday, Dec. 10th. The breakfast we served was prepared at McDonald’s and elsewhere … so, every precaution was taken. The men were so happy to be together again. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel the 17th. We will let you know when we can meet again.
2. Thank you for your faithful support of our Jubilee Ministry. It would be easy to think that because we didn’t meet for so long, or erratically, that the need was not there, but that would be far from the truth. We have a monthly lease agreement, missionaries to support, utilities to pay, etc. so your support is essential, and I thank God for you. Beginning in January, we will take on the expense of our lease with the new location on Palma Drive. We are doing this so that we have the time to make the changes there. Once again, I thank you that your honoring the LORD with your tithes and offerings makes all of this possible.
3. Attention Ladies – Your Bible study will be meeting again this Wednesday at 10 AM. I asked several ladies how it went last Wednesday and they said, “GREAT!” So, take all the safety precautions and come and enjoy the fellowship and time in the Word. The study will take place at tables in the sanctuary.
4. By the way – have you tried out any of our four Bible Alive classes that we offer every Sunday at 9:15? I really encourage you to check them out. You can join anytime.
Teacher: Pam Merillat; Topic: Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament
LADIES – Get ready to see Jesus in the Old Testament. After all, these are the Scriptures from which He and the New Testament writers studied and taught. We will track God’s plan through the Old Testament, and at the same time, the whole Bible will come ALIVE! We will learn life lessons – holding onto Jesus’ promises and deepening our friendship with Him.
Teacher: Bill Abeyta; Topic: Discipleship
Disciple-making is a relational process of helping people to “follow Jesus and be like Him.” It is recognizing that people are at different stages of spiritual development and then responding appropriately to help them. It is building a ministry that does the same. Together, let’s help make the Bible come ALIVE by applying it, sharing it, and holding each other accountable.
Teacher: Richard Abbey; Topic: The Gospel of Paul
What is that gospel? Is it the same as the one presented in the first four books of the New Testament? Paul wrote 13 books to explain it and we will look at each one. This class is interactive and there will be handouts. No tests will be given, but a notebook will be helpful. I know Paul’s words will come ALIVE!
Teacher: Pastor Jim Merillat; Topic: The Book of Judges
Like any Old Testament book, the book of Judges is meant to “stimulate godly living through the stories of God’s intervention with His people in the past.” (T. Longman) The way I teach can be explained by observation, interpretation, and application (focusing a lot on application!) I see class discussion as being valuable as we see the Bible come ALIVE!
5. Join us for prayer – If you are free Sunday mornings, at 9:45 AM, I would love to have you join me in prayer as we invite God’s presence and favor on our service. Jesus said, “Apart from Me, you can do nothing.” We desire His presence and favor, so come and let’s pray together. We meet in the Conference Room — back of the sanctuary.
6. Church Membership? Are you a member of Von’s Shoppers? Amazon Prime? Ralph’s Club? Costco? Why not become a member of Jubilee? There is no doubt … church membership is the most for your investment. You can easily become part of our church membership if you love the Lord and can join me for a half-day Membership Class. Please contact the church office or see one of the pastors after church.
7. Do you know of someone overwhelmed by computer devices who can rarely come to our services, but who has a CD player? We gladly offer an audio CD free of charge to anyone who would like to ask for it. In that way, you can still participate in the services of VJF. We will mail the Jubilee Weekly (Pastor Leonard’s meditation and announcements) the list of Prayer Requests, and the latest audio CD from the previous Sunday. If interested, contact the church office, 805-535-4325.
8. Dr. Morgan’s books will be available for one more Sunday. Take advantage of this great 20% discount … and no shipping or tax! There is a nice variety for you to select from.
9. For your information — Office Hours:
Thursday, December 24: 9:00 AM until Noon
Friday, December 25: Closed
Thursday, December 31: 9:00 AM until Noon
Friday, January 1: Closed