1. It was so special to be able to share God’s word once again with my Jubilee family. It has been a long grind to get back to the place where I felt ready to teach again. I want to thank you for all your prayers and encouragement. God is sovereign and He is in control.
2. Thank you for all the support you have given to our family, especially during the long months of my severe back and leg pain, two hospital stays, back surgery, and more recently, Joyce’s passing. Your cards, text messages, meals and so much more have carried us. The LORD has really answered your prayers. I pray that all of you be equally blessed by God and even more.
3. A Celebration of Life for Joyce Marie DeWitt is on Friday, February 26th at 11:00 AM. It will be held at the Ventura Jubilee Fellowship church on Goodyear Ave. It will also be live-streamed.
4. Men’s Breakfast every Thursday at 6 AM. We are taking every precaution in what we serve. Several of our men shared their personal life stories. This has really been great. You will receive a special notice on your computer asking if you will be present. Please respond so that we always have enough food prepared.
5. You will want to hear Dr. Robert Morgan who will be with us on March 12-14, 2021. His Bible Conference will be based on Romans 8:28. The schedule is a follows:
March 12, Friday evening, 6 PM
March 13, Saturday morning, 9 AM-Noon: 3 sessions
March 14, Sunday morning service, 10:30 AM
March 14, Sunday evening, 4 PM
We’ll live-stream each session but would encourage you to hear him in person, if at all possible. As before, we will have a book table set up where Dr. Morgan will be available to sign his books. We are all in for a spiritual feast! Be watching for an email about the conference. We need a count of people attending.
6. FAQ – Our new church home, at 1956 Palma Drive, is quickly being readied for us to begin our worship there the first Sunday of March. Today, Pastor Jim is sending out a great tool answering most, if not all the questions people are asking. Be sure you read it. We’re so grateful for all the ways people have helped. Someone who stopped by the new home said to me, “I love it. I already feel at home.”
7. From Joan Parks — I have returned to the Jubilee Church Office after a lengthy illness with the Covid-19 and other health issues. I want to thank you for your cards, calls, offers to help, and most of all, your prayers. God was with me every step of the way, and oh what a blessing… I felt His presence in that lonely hospital room! You truly are my brothers and sisters, in Christ, and I love you. Feeling blessed, Joan