1. Easter Sunday was a glorious day. Thank you to all who worked so hard to make it such a special time of worship and fellowship. I believe our LORD was pleased with the worship we offered. Let’s continue to reach out to family and friends who need a good church home.
2. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study – Thursdays at 6 AM. You will enjoy good food, good fellowship, a great time in God’s word, and support in prayer. Please check your email and click on the place that will let us know whether or not you will be present. This is really important so that we have enough food prepared. As a pastor, I encourage you to invite other men as your guest. Pastor Jim will finish his great lesson on Noah.
3. All Ladies, you are encouraged to attend the Ladies’ Bible Study, Wednesdays at 10 AM. This is a wonderful way to make new friends, worship, and have a rich time in God’s word.
4. Don’t Miss This Sunday – April 11th at 10:30 AM. It will be our privilege to have Brian and Brenda Kim with us. They serve as missionaries to a Restricted Access Nation, where missionaries are not welcome. We will share in communion after Brian has shared his heart.
AT 4 PM, on Sunday, we will have a fellowship time with Brian and Brenda. We want to receive a love offering to help them with their ministry.
5. BIBLE ALIVE Classes will be back in full force, this next Sunday at 9:15 AM. There are five classes being offered. Each of the leaders has just introduced or will soon introduce a new study —
· Paul and Living the Christian Life, 1 & 2 Corinthians – Richard Abbey.
· 7 Prophesies Believers Should Know About their Future – Bill Abeyta,
· “Lead Me Holy Spirit” – Pam Merillat
· Study in Ezra and Nehemiah – Pastor Jim
· “We Will Not be Silenced” – Kristin Rogahn (see #6 below)
6. SOMETHING NEW … Audiobooks are the perfect complement to a busy schedule. Join Bible Alive leader, Kristin Rogahn, each Sunday morning for a “listen-only” class. The hour-long, audiobook segment, will be presented in Pastor Jim’s office. No materials are required; however, you may wish to purchase a hard-cover book, per item #7 below.
7. A LIMITED NUMBER of “We Will Not Be Silenced” books will be available at the Welcome Center. Dr. David Jeremiah said of Erwin Lutzer’s book, “If I could, I would put this book into the hands of every Christian in America.” Cost: $10
8. Join us Thursday, at noon, for Jubilee’s Noon Prayer Time. We meet in the sanctuary from 12:00 to 1 PM. You do not have to pray audibly. If you can’t stay for the whole hour, that is fine. I believe God’s desire is for Jubilee to be known as a church that prays together.
9. Have you noticed the new oak tree?? We want to thank artist Mike McKinney for the beautiful “oak tree” that adorns the wall behind the Welcome Center, and for the “windows” in the sanctuary.