We will be having a class for those wanting to become members of Jubilee on Saturday, May 1, 2021, at 9 AM. The class will last about one hour. These are usually some of the most exciting times.
If you have never become a member of Jubilee, I want to give you several reasons why you might want to consider joining.
1. The LORD is building His church. Ephesians 2:20-22:
“Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the Cornerstone, in Whom the whole structure being joined together grows into a holy temple in the LORD, in Him, you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.” Can you picture a structure where the different components are not tied together?
2. The church is compared to the physical body where the members are joined together for the mutual benefit of each other and the whole body.
1 Corinthians 12:24-26: “…But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And, if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored all the members rejoice with it.”
Very simply, Jesus wants His followers to be there for each other.
Be sure to read: Col. 3:16; 1 Thess. 5:11; Heb. 3:13; Psalm 149:1.
3. United, we motivate one another to love and good deeds. Listen to the words of Hebrews 10:24-25: “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
As Christians, we are facing more and more resistance from anti-God and anti-Christian forces. We need to stand together.
4. We can experience the LORD’S presence individually, but He seems to be uniquely present when Christians come together. In Matthew 18:20 Jesus said, “Where two or three are gathered in My name, there am I among them.”
5. Each Christian has been gifted by the Holy Spirit and we are to use our gift for the benefit of each other. The Apostle Peter wrote — “As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks the oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies — in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To Him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:10-11
6. All of the 50+ ‘One Another’ statements speak of a commitment to Christ and those He has brought together. As a pastor, I love being committed to you. I am so grateful for the commitment I have received from you and that I see you giving to each other.
7. A unified membership will strengthen:
a) The ministry teams.
b) The message of the Bible.
c) The mission of the church.
d) The Master’s purpose of the church.
e) The making of disciples.
You will always be welcome as a part of Jubilee. We love you and we want you to be a part of the unified pulse of Jubilee. I hope that what I have shared will move you to consider being a part of the official membership of this Fellowship.
For His glory,