1. Ladies Bible Study every Wednesday at 10 AM. The current study is 1 & 2 Peter. This is a great opportunity to not only study God’s word and grow spiritually, but you can also form new friendships that will enrich your lives.
2. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study every Thursday at 6 AM. We are currently studying a book by Rich DeVos, co-founder of Amway. He was a deeply committed Christian and the book focuses on ten Biblical principles for us to succeed in life. This week the focus is “The Need for Optimism”. Men — why don’t each of us bring one more man who has not attended before?
3. Church Workday – Monday, May 24 from 9:00 am to Noon – As the dust is settling on the recent flurry of projects, the church is in need of a bit of work. The projects are not necessarily huge, but it would be good to do a few things to make our church a bit more appealing. For example, the whole front of our church building is glass (walls). It is difficult to do the outside windows because of a lack of water source, but the inside can use a good cleaning. Also, we have several light fixtures that need to be cleaned and some bulbs replaced. Because of the recent work projects, a cloud of dust has rested on furniture – so the furniture needs to be dusted. These are just a few of the projects that need to be tackled on our church workday.
An email will be sent out in the next week asking people to “signup” via the email response button. I realize some of you are unable to help out by doing the work, BUT if you can help, we would love to have you! Watch for the email… and respond by clicking the response button!
Added note: Some of you who have a keen eye for spotting projects without a list, please let me know what you find and if you can help us care for the project. Thanks in advance to all those who respond. (Maybe Pastor Leonard will approve donuts for all those who come to work!)
4. Noon Prayer Time every Thursday — from noon until 1 PM. Last Thursday was the National Day of Prayer. It was wonderful to have a good turnout and hear the “hum” of prayer as voices were united in seeking the LORD.
5. Have you been baptized by immersion since you accepted Christ as your Savior? This is a very important step in your spiritual journey. Baptism is a public affirmation of your new life in Christ. If you haven’t been baptized, please use the information card and indicate your desire to thus follow the LORD.
6. An Opportunity to Serve – On Sunday afternoons we are usually putting on a mini-church service in several retirement homes. We take the church to those who can’t attend. We can use pianists, song-leaders, greeters, etc. If you haven’t already volunteered, use the Information card to let us know you are available.
7. How Much Do You Know About Jubilee? Be sure to check out our website at vjf.church …. There you will find information about What We Believe, updates about our missionaries, past sermons, etc. Thank you to Bill Abeyta for keeping it informative and current!
8. Homeless Ministry, under the leadership of John Allen, is in need of the following: bottled water, socks, sleeping bags, jackets, and clothing. Please, no household items. You can bring it to Pastor Jim’s office for John to sort and distribute.
9. Grief Group will meet this afternoon. This is the first meeting since the Pandemic started. They will be meeting on the 2nd Tuesday at 4 PM, each month. Come, join leader, Paul Lenderman, for a time of meditation, sharing, and caring.
10. SAMSON, a video from the Sight and Sound Theater in Branson, MO, will be shown this Friday, May 14th at 6:00 PM. Pastor Jim’s Bible Alive class recently finished their study on the book of Judges… Samson, being one of them. Come join his class on Friday! Eat dinner before you come; however, we decided that it is fun to watch a movie and nibble on some snacks. Bring yours, or yours to share! See you Friday!