1. Our Grief Program – This last year, with the Pandemic, has been hard on all of us. Some have lost loved ones. Some have lost jobs. Others have had to relocate. Some have lost pets. Just being under lockdown has been very hard on many and people have been discouraged and depressed. I am so grateful that we have Pastor Paul Lenderman heading up our grief counseling ministry. He is personally very familiar with grief and is a Certified Grief Counselor. He will be with us on the 2nd Tuesday, of each month, from 4-5 pm. I really want to encourage you if you have had any kind of loss, to attend. Put it on your calendar right now so that you don’t miss it.
2. Church Workday – Monday, May 24 from 9:00 am to Noon – As the dust is settling on the recent flurry of projects, the church is in need of a bit of work. The projects are not necessarily huge, but it would be good to do a few things to make our church a bit more appealing. We even have a few chores in the church office, that would help out. An email was sent asking people to “signup” via the email response button. If you can help, we would love to have you! Thanks in advance to all those who respond. (Maybe Pastor Leonard will approve donuts for all those who come to work!)
3. Women’s Bible Study – A Note from Carolyn Morales: Wednesday, the 19th, we will be concluding our study of 1st & 2nd Peter. It has been a powerful study of the end times and most importantly of God’s awesome love. Thank you for your diligence in this study. We will delve into the study of Life-Changing Prayer, Approaching the Throne of Grace by Jim Cymbala, beginning June 9th. You can go on YouTube to get a peek at the study. A signup sheet will be available Wednesday. We collectively decided to celebrate our friendships with a potluck following the study around 11:45 AM. I will contribute lasagna.
4. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study every Thursday at 6 AM. I assure you, that you won’t go away hungry. We are currently working on our way through the book by Rich DeVos, co-founder of Amway. He shares ten Biblical principles for a successful life. This week we focus on RESPECT. You can join us anytime … bring a friend!
5. Every Thursday at Noon we meet for Prayer. All the way through the Bible we find individuals, groups, even entire nations calling on God and crying out to Him. Even our LORD was frequently engaged in prayer. I want to encourage all of you who can, to take that one noon hour every week and come to join our hearts together seeking the LORD.
6. Security Team – If you have any interest in and or background in security, we would love to have you consider joining our team. Please let Pastor Jim know and he will connect you with the others on the team.
7. Ushers Team – Several more have volunteered to serve in this very important role. We will soon be having another training session. Let Pastor Leonard know, right away, if you would like to serve the LORD in this way. Both men and women are encouraged to join this ministry.
8. Membership – If you are interested in officially joining Jubilee, pick up the Membership Application Form at the Welcome Center or on one of the tables as you enter the sanctuary. Complete it and return it to the church office. If you have any questions, please give us a call.
9. A Gentle Reminder – John Allen is collecting blankets, sleeping bags, and water for those in need. If you have any to share, please drop off your items in Pastor Jim’s office. DO NOT bring household or kitchen items.
10. Ventura Vineyard Church (our neighbors) will start meeting weekly, on Sunday mornings at 10 AM, in the back parking lot. Please make every effort to be observant of their worship service area.
11. “Jubilee Findings”, our bulletin board designed to help you find, sell, or give-away items, will soon be up in the entry hall area, close to the church office. Be watching for this addition and if you have an item to share or you are in need of something … complete the card which will be located next to the Jubilee Findings bulletin board.