1. I am so grateful for each of you. Your faithful support in prayer, plus your tithes and offerings have been such an encouragement. During the Pandemic, when most of the time we could not have in-person services, I wondered how we would ever meet our costs at the Goodyear location. But you were so faithful in your giving. I thank the LORD for our Jubilee family and I pray that the LORD will bless each of you.
2. We are starting our monthly movies again. I am so glad that Pastor Jim’s class invited the entire church to attend the showing of the musical “Samson.” It was excellent and the turnout was great. All that to say, we feel it is time to begin our monthly movie time again. Here are the dates for the next three months – Fridays at 6 PM: June 18, July 16, and August 13. Mark these dates on your calendar. Invite family and friends to come with you. We will announce what we are showing as we get closer to the date.
3. Be sure to pray for our missionaries. We never know what our missionaries are going through, or what they will face. I just read in one missionary newsletter that 20 Missionary Church Christians were killed by the Fulani tribesman, in Nigeria. (Over 11,500 Christians have been murdered in Nigeria since June 2015, the Genocide Watch reported in April 2020.) We will see more and more of this as time passes. That is one reason why our prayer times are so important.
4. Women’s Bible Study – is taking a brief break and will resume on Wednesday, June 9th at 10 AM. We will delve into the study of Life-Changing Prayer, Approaching the Throne of Grace by Jim Cymbala. You can go on YouTube to get a peek at the study. Contact the office if you wish to have your name added to the list or sign-up at the Welcome Center on Sunday.
5. Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study continues on Thursdays at 6 AM. This week we discover what Rich DeVos has to say about the need for “Accountability.” All of us will be enriched by this study. Invite other men to come. First-timers are free.
6. Many thanks to all who came on Monday to help spruce up our church home. The fellowship, the work accomplished all contributed to a job “well done!”
7. Church membership is just a short application away! You can pick up an application at the Welcome Center desk on Sunday morning or have one mailed to you. We count it a privilege to call Jubilee our church home. It is a privilege to be a member of Jubilee … God’s church. We will be voting on leadership positions in September. Joining will give you the privilege of a vote. If you have any questions about membership, contact one of the pastors.
8. Some time ago, Betty Taylor was diagnosed with very aggressive lymphoma and not too much hope. She has been receiving treatment and a recent PET scan showed no sign of cancer in her body. Thank you, LORD!
9. Security Team … will meet on Saturday, June 5th at 10:30 AM in the Conference Room. If you have not already signed up and are interested in joining the Security Team, call Dave Ide, 805-231-4766.