1. Back in the Saddle Again – that sounds like a Hop-along Cassidy line. I am simply saying that next Sunday, June 6th, I will be teaching again. Pastor Jim and I both like to do series teaching. So, we seek to accommodate each other’s teaching desires. I am really looking forward to sharing God’s Word with you once again.
I will be teaching “Christ is Coming for His Church.” This is also known as the ‘Rapture of the church.’ Jesus taught that so much of what is taking place in the world today would happen just before He returns. He could come at any time for His church. I pray that each of us is ready. We will celebrate Communion right after the teaching. Please pick up the communion chalice as you enter the worship area.
2. Just a reminder – Women’s Bible Study is taking a short break and will resume on Wednesday, June 9th at 10 AM.
3. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study – Thursdays at 6 AM. This week we consider what Rich DeVos has to say about “Family” as a key to a successful life. I urge all men to be present. Be sure to let us know if you are coming.
4. We encourage all of you to join us at noon, on Thursdays, for an hour of prayer.
5. Our June Movie Night will be Friday, the 18th at 6 PM. This time we will show “God Bless the Broken Road.” It is a great family film produced by those who made the “God is Not Dead” series. The story is very different and very powerful. Invite others to attend with you.
6. After the Sunday church service, Pastor Jim, Pam, Joan, and Karen will meet with people in the sanctuary who need assistance getting the Instant Church Directory app on their phones. If you have an Apple phone, you will need to know your Apple PW in order to download the app.
7. We would love to have you consider becoming a member of Jubilee. The first requirement is you must be a born-again believer — that means you have received Christ as your Savior and Lord. Once you have done that, you need to be baptized by immersion. Maybe you have already done that. If so, we would honor that baptism. So, pick up the membership form, complete it and return it to the office. We will soon have another membership class for you to attend. If you have any questions, give Pastor Leonard or Pastor Jim a call.
8. Devotional Books – we make available to you, free of charge, two wonderful daily devotional books. One is “Daily Bread” and the other is “Days of Praise.” You can find these at the Welcome Center or on either table as you enter the sanctuary. Reading the daily scriptures and meditation is a great way to begin each day.
9. Free Books – Be sure to visit our Church Library. There is a great selection of books – everything from fiction to very serious Bible Study. You have a lot of options …
· You can check a book out and read it, then return it.
· You can check a book out and then pass it on to a friend.
· You can check a book out, read it and keep it.
Many thanks to Jackie Peterson for maintaining it so well.
10. You are invited to a Memorial Service for Paul (Maury) Lawhead. It will be held at Jubilee this Saturday at 11 AM. Please be praying for the family.
11. The Security Team will meet this Saturday, June 5th at 10:00 AM. (Note time change). It is a very important meeting so we hope all members of the team can be present. We will meet in the Library/Conference Room.