1. Women’s Bible Study continues this Wednesday at 10:00 AM. It is not too late to join this enthusiastic group of ladies who are studying prayer. The book, Life-Changing Prayer, by Jim Cymbala, focuses on the Throne of Grace, available to each and every one of us.
2. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, this Thursday at 6 AM. This week we focus on “Grace.” This has been a great series, by Rich DeVos. We’re having a great time and we have now introduced singing, once again. It is led by Gary Scott … Invite a friend for a hearty breakfast and message. Guests eat free.
3. My New Series on Spiritual Warfare is being well received for which I am grateful. I would encourage you to invite others to come and get in on the teaching.
4. Jubilee is Regathering … more and more of our people are returning each Sunday. It is so good to see YOU. God has been so good to us. We have lost several people during the Pandemic, but none due to the virus. I praise God for His protection over our church family. I would encourage others of you who have not returned yet to consider doing so. Fellowship is so important.
5. A Memorial Service – A number of you lost a loved one during the Pandemic and may not have been able to have a service. My heart has grieved for you. I would be happy to host a “group service” where those of you who lost someone, during this time, would have a chance to pay tribute to your loved one and experience some healing in your heart. If you have already had a celebration of some kind, you would not need to participate in this proposed service. Let me know soon if you would be interested.
6. Church Membership – We will soon be having another membership class. If you have a personal faith relationship with Jesus Christ, then we would encourage you to join. If you haven’t been baptized by immersion, we ask you to do so in support of your relationship with Christ.
7. I Need Your Help … My goal is to get to know everybody at Jubilee on a first-name basis. So, if you have a name tag, please wear it regularly. I will do the same. If you don’t have one, stop at the Welcome Center and we will order one for you. Thanks.
8. Helping the Homeless in Ventura … John Allen spends time each week distributing water, blankets, and Bibles to our downtown homeless folks. If you can contribute, either the items mentioned or money, please do so. You can drop them off in Pastor Jim’s office. Thank you, John!
9. Baby Shower … Don’t forget our Women’s Ministry is helping out Ventura’s Pregnancy Center (one of our para-ministries). If you would like to participate, there is a box in the Hall, under the bulletin board, for items. You can also take a list of items needed — it’s posted on the bulletin board and order specific needs.
10. Projector! – We would like to purchase a new projector for the sanctuary. It will provide better, brighter lighting for our screen. If you would like to contribute to this special project, please indicate so on your offering envelope.
11. Directory – Our thanks to you for helping us bring our Instant Church Directory up to date. And, our thanks to Pat Abeyta for helping with this project. Don’t forget to look at the draft directory, at the Welcome Center. If your information needs to be corrected, please complete the bright green Revision Card at your earliest convenience. Photos will be taken in August.
12. “IMPACT 2021”
Like last year, our Missions Conference normally held in August must be canceled due to continuing struggles with COVID in other countries. Yet, we hope to make an even greater ‘impact for Christ’ than we did last year through our sacrificial giving. So, during the months of July and August, let’s all earnestly ask the Lord what He would have us give.
There will be more information in the announcements in this Sunday’s service.
13. MUSICAL CELEBRATION – July 4th! You will be blessed as you listen to “Thankful to be an American,” presented by Jubilee’s choir.
Join us on July 4th at our 10:30 AM church service for this inspiring and patriotic presentation — led by our Worship Pastor Mike Sherrow.