1. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, Thursday, July 1st at 6 AM. What do you do when faced with a crisis? Where do you look for help? Our study will be on “Where are your eyes?” Invite a friend to come with you.
2. Women’s Bible Study, Wednesday, June 30th at 10 AM. They are following a study on “Prayer” by Jim Cymbala, pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle. It’s a great study. Don’ forget the “shower” for the Ventura County Pregnancy Center. There is a collection box in the front hall, under the bulletin board.
3. Church Membership – We will soon be having another membership class. If you have a personal faith relationship with Jesus Christ, then we would encourage you to join. If you haven’t been baptized by immersion, we ask you to do so in support of your relationship with Christ.
4. IMPACT 2021 – This is the theme for this year’s Missions focus. We are basically following the same format as last year. During July and August, we will raise as much as possible so that we can bless our missionaries and local ministries. All of these ministries have really been hampered by the COVID. I encourage all of us to really pray about what the LORD would have you give. Mark your gift, “Impact 2021”.
5. Preparing for our Annual Business Meeting on Sunday, September 19th in the church sanctuary. One of the main items, at that meeting, will be electing our leadership for the next year. Ask the Lord who He would have you approach to see if they would be willing to serve if nominated. Candidate Recommendation forms are available at the Welcome Center and on the tables entering the sanctuary. These must be submitted by July 18th.
6. Folks, this Sunday is the 4th of July. It is going to be a great day at Jubilee. Please invite others to come and be a part of a great worship experience… “Thankful to Be an American.” Pastor Sherrow is producing some tremendous music, and my message for our church and our nation is “God, Let Your Fire Fall.”
7. Baptism – Have you been baptized by immersion since your received Christ as your Savior? We are planning such a service, mid-July. We would love to see you take this important step. Please let Pastor Leonard know if it is your desire to be baptized.
8. God’s presence was so real in our service, this past Sunday. I hope that you, who watched by our live-streaming, felt the Spirit’s moving as we did. I pray that all of our church family will soon be back meeting together. We all need fellowship.
9. A Memorial Service – A number of you lost a loved one during the Pandemic and may not have been able to have a service. My heart has grieved for you. I would be happy to host a “group service” where those of you who lost someone, during this time, would have a chance to pay tribute to your loved one and experience some healing in your heart. If you have already had a celebration of some kind, you would not need to participate in this proposed service. Let me know soon if you would be interested.
SAVE THE DATE … next movie night: Friday, July 16th.