1. This Sunday we continue our series on Spiritual Warfare. I hope you can be present and I encourage you to invite others to come and worship with you.
2. The Lord’s Supper, also known as Communion, will be celebrated this Sunday. Jesus gave us this amazing Memorial Meal so that we would always remember what He did for us. He also promised that He would return for us. (Our Benevolence Offering Boxes will be available on the sanctuary tables.)
3. Many, many thanks to our worship pastor, Mike Sherrow, and all who worked with him to help put on the powerful patriotic worship experience last Sunday. I believe our God was honored.
4. Women’s Ministry & Bible Study, every Wednesday at 10 AM. Their current study is on Prayer by Jim Cymbola.
5. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, Thursday at 6 AM. This Thursday, Pastor Lupe Beltran will be sharing God’s word with us. Again, we encourage you to invite other men to come with you.
6. Choosing our Leadership for next year … You, as our church family, have an important role to play in helping us identify people to be considered for the church board, missions board, and deacon board. Please check with someone you want the nominating committee to consider, to see if they would be willing to serve if nominated. Complete the form and return it to the church office no later than July 18th. Forms can be found at the Welcome Center. I would encourage everyone to read 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 to see what the LORD looks for in those who lead.
7. Movie Night – Friday, July 16 at 6 PM. We will be showing “The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.” It is definitely a warm-hearted family film with people of all ages. There is a great message for all of us in the movie. As usual, bring snacks to share with others.
8. For Your Information …
A few days ago, I talked with an infectious disease doctor about Covid-19. I wanted to get her perspective. Other than saying the virus was very dangerous, she said three things that I want to pass on to you…
· She feels being vaccinated is very important.
· Masks are definitely helpful.
· Washing your hands and using hand sanitizer is very important.
I hope you find this helpful.
9. Parking – Our neighbor church, Liminal Church of Ventura (formerly Ventura Vineyard Christian Church) will start indoor worship this coming Sunday. Parking for Jubilee will be slightly reduced as they begin using parking spaces in the front of their church entrance. Please make every effort to observe Jubilee designated parking.
10. IMPACT 2021 – This is the theme for this year’s Missions focus. We are basically following the same format as last year. During July and August, we will raise as much as possible so that we can bless our missionaries and local ministries. All of these ministries have really been hampered by the COVID. I encourage all of us to really pray about what the LORD would have you give. Mark your gift, “Impact 2021”.
11. LADIES — just a reminder that our Women’s Ministry will be having a potluck on July 14th, our final session of the season. Our guest speaker will be Janice Jesse from the Ventura County Pregnancy Center.