1. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study – Our gathering is growing. It is exciting to see and sense what is happening in our lives. This week, our focus will be on “Whatever Happened to Sin?” We don’t hear that word very much anymore. Today, the focus is on disorders and addictions. Come and bring a friend. The friend doesn’t pay for breakfast, the first time.
2. Baptism – Have you been baptized by immersion since you became a Christian? Jesus asks us to do this as a witness of our faith in Him. Let Pastor Leonard know if you have questions or are interested.
3. Church Membership – Just a reminder, if you are a born-again Christian and have been baptized or are willing and ready to be baptized, we would love to see you officially become a member of Jubilee. There are forms at the Welcome Center or on the tables as you enter the worship area.
4. Missions Impact 2021 – We have designated July and August for a special focus on missions. The Missions Board has designated $10,000, from funds on hand, for this focus. The Church Board is giving $10,000 from general funds … so we already have $20,000 committed. The rest is up to us and whatever the Holy Spirit puts on our hearts. If you are giving by check, put “Impact 2021” on the memo line of your check or on the “Missions” line on your church giving envelope.
5. Do you need offering envelopes? Just call Joan or Karen at the church office and they will take care of that for you. 805-535-4325
6. We are continuing with the updates in our Church Directory. We want to be sure your picture is in it and that all of our information is correct. If we don’t have your picture, we will be taking pictures in August. Watch or listen for further words on this. If you are presently not in our directory, fill in one of the information cards. You can put it in the offering box or leave it at the Welcome Center.
7. Praise Report – Our Vesper Service Ministry is fully staffed and going really well at Lexington, Cypress Place, the Townhouse, and Aegis. The response of volunteers for this ministry has been marvelous. Praise the Lord!
8. Pregnancy Center of Ventura County – The Women’s Ministry, with the support of VJF, was privileged to support this para-missionary project with a baby shower. We were able to provide 4 beds, 5 car seats, 4 highchairs, bobby pillows, and 5 loaded tables of baby clothing. The director of the Pregnancy Center, Janice Jesse, was the guest speaker at a well-attended potluck. This center provides ultrasounds, as well as numerous classes to expectant mothers. These classes include topics of life skills, parenting, health, and spiritual growth. By participating in the classes, the expectant mothers collect shopping points that enable them to receive supplies for the new baby. During 2020, there were more than 900 visits to the Center. Thank you to all who donated to this project.