Rear Parking Lot Cleaning – A few weeks ago after a morning worship service a man approached our church with a proposition. As you know parking at our church is a premium. On Sunday mornings and during other weekly events we use the rear parking lot. One-third of the rear parking lot belongs to our landlord. But two-thirds of the rear parking lot belongs to the landlord of the building directly behind us. Obviously, we use his parking lot on Sundays and special events. He proposed since we are using his parking lot, maybe we can help keep his lot clean of trash and yard waste (since he does not have someone to tend to his landscape).
So, on Tuesday, August 17 at 9:00 am we have a great opportunity to beautify our surroundings and repay someone who has been very gracious in letting us use his lot for parking. The opportunity is open to anyone who wants to help us. Feel free to bring “leaf” blowers, rakes, brooms, and other tools you might need. Our plan going forward is to work with the Liminal Church of Ventura (formerly Ventura Vineyard) to each take a turn (once a month) to share in the care of the parking lot. Thanks for all your help. Please contact Pastor Jim (509-3074316) if you have any questions!
Parking Lot Sealing & Line Painting – We found out yesterday that there was some confusion on when work was to be done regarding our parking lot upgrade. Here is the updated schedule: On Wednesday, August 11, workers will build a small wheelchair ramp in front of the glass double doors leading into the foyer/sanctuary for the sake of those who need one. We are very thankful that our landlord is assuming the cost of this work.
Her generosity continues to flow as she is planning on Thursday, August 19 for workers to come and seal the parking lot asphalt (front and her part of the rear lot) as well as painting parking space lines. Thanks to everyone for your patience through this time of confusion.
1. This Friday, at 6 PM is Movie Night and we will be showing “John Lauren’s War.” It is a true story based on the abolition of slavery. It is quite a story. Be sure to bring snacks to share with others.
2. A Video Conference on Prayer – Wednesday, August 18th at 10 AM. At the recent Women’s Bible Study, they showed several videos by Jim Cymbala on prayer. I am thrilled that this month they will show all of them in one morning. It will take about 2 hours. I hope that both men and women will plan to attend.
3. Membership Interest Barbecue – Saturday, August 21 at 4 PM. Many of you will be receiving a special invitation to this barbeque. We may be wrong, but we can’t see in our records where you ever joined VJF. If you are NOT a member and have NOT received the invitation letter, please call the church office right away. (805-535-4325). We want you to attend this dinner. It will be a fun time and we are offering tri-tip, chicken, hamburgers, and pulled pork along with several side dishes! Please let us know right away that you will be attending. Call the church office.
4. Next Sunday on August 15th, I will begin to wrap up the series on Spiritual Warfare. I hope you can be present or at least follow us on live-streaming.
5. We are heading for the finish line on our Missions Impact 2021. How is the LORD directing you? I felt the Lord was asking me to give any extra funds I receive during July and August. It is really exciting for me to see what He is doing. I hope it is an adventure for you too.