1. Be sure to be present this Sunday — we will be announcing how much was given to Missions Impact 2021. A number of the parachurch groups will be present and we will give them their checks.
2. Communion will be celebrated on Sunday – September 12 This is due to the expanded focus on missions on Sept. 5.
3. Keep in mind our Annual Meeting of Members on Sunday, September 19 after the morning service, in the Worship Center. It will not be a long meeting and your presence is very important. Members, click here, here, and here, for details of the meeting.
4. Women’s Bible Study will begin again on Wednesday, September 8 at 10 AM. In this Priscilla Shirer study, on Gideon, she says … “If you are feeling a little empty right now, don’t despair… I wanted a quick turnaround from You to Him. From Weakness to Strength. From Impossibility to Divine Possibility. Study books are $10 and are available at the Welcome Center.
5. Our next Movie Night will be Friday, September 17 at 6 pm. We will be showing The Sight & Sound production, “Jesus”.
6. Plan to be a part of the Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Boxes for children. They, with the help of participating churches, give out several million boxes each Christmas. Our goal this year is 500 boxes.
7. A Second Service – We have been praying and planning this for some time. We will launch the second service on Sunday, September 26. From that point on, the schedule will be:
8:45 AM Bible Alive Classes
10:00 AM First Service
11:30 AM Second Service
This step of faith will give room for growth and room to avoid congestion. Let family and friends know of this change in our schedule and invite them.
8. Masks – If you have been following the news, you know that the COVID has been escalating again. There are all kinds of controversy about masks, etc. People, in the medical field that I trust, say that masks will help prevent the spread of the virus. For that reason, I am encouraging the wearing of masks. If you forget yours, we will have extras available. This is one of the ways we can show that we care for each other.
9. Looking Ahead, USHERS – On Saturday, September 11th at 9 AM, there will be a meeting for all current ushers, and prospective ushers. Please do your best to be present. We will meet in the Worship Center.
10. It’s time to Recycle our bottles and cans. Blue recycle bins have been placed in prominent locations in our church. They are for bottles & cans only … not paper, cardboard boxes, paper cups, etc. Just bottles and cans.
11. Church Leaders — if you are planning an event or a meeting, please contact the church office to confirm the meeting room is available for your scheduled event.