1. You Are an Amazing Church Family! I hope you were here this past Sunday or were at least watching our Live Streaming. During July and August, you gave over $87,000 for our Missions Impact 2021. We had many of our para-church ministries present and we were able to give each of them checks for $4,600 for their ministries. Checks in the same amount will go to each of the missionaries we support. I don’t know how many times I have heard these people say, “What an answer to prayer!” I hope you know that I am proud to be your Pastor. God bless you.
2. This Sunday is going to be really special because we will be celebrating Communion, also known as the Lord’s Supper and we will be receiving new members. What a day it will be!
3. NOTE, we have a special event on Sunday evening, 09/12 at 5 PM. We are limited to share only the following: “Join us for an informal question and answer time with Dr. A. N., a Christian doctor that has been working in Central Asia for 23 years.” You’ll want to make every effort to attend.
4. Don’t forget that on September 19th, right after the morning service, we will be having our Annual Meeting of Members. Please plan to be present and stay for the meeting. Dr. Dave DeVries, our Regional Director, will be with us.
5. Our next Movie Night will be Friday, September 17th at 6 PM. We will be showing the Sight and Sound movie “Jesus.” It is excellent. Plan to bring a friend and snacks to share with others.
6. Attention All Ladies … our new Bible Study “Gideon” begins tomorrow, Sept. 8th at 10 AM. Pass the word and invite other ladies to attend.
7. Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study this Thursday at 6 AM. Come join your brothers and enjoy great breakfast food as well as an inspirational meditation.
8. Just in case you might be interested, we have three copies of Dr. Morgan’s book “Red Sea Rules”. It is a terrific book. See Pastor Leonard.
9. A Special Project – we haven’t said much about this for a while because we didn’t want to draw attention away from our Missions Impact 2021. Now that it is over, I would like to remind you of our desire for a new projector for the Worship Center. It will cost close to $16,000 and we already have designated funds of $9,000. So, if the LORD gives you some extra and you want to help with this, be sure to mark your gift ‘Projector’.
10. Looking Out for Each Other … A friend of mine called on Saturday to tell me about a heart-rendering situation in a small church near Nashville. Recently, someone attended one of their services and she was coughing. Within a matter of days, eight people were diagnosed with COVID. The pastor’s wife died. All of that is to say, if you have any sign of sickness please stay home until you are well.
11. All Current and prospective Ushers are urged to attend our special training this Saturday at 9 AM. Men and Ladies are invited to be a part of this ministry.
12. From Olu Adefope, Local Director of Child Evangelism Fellowship…We are getting ready for the start of the school year for Good News Club. Due to COVID last year, we are almost pushing the reset button for our volunteers. We are hoping to go back into the schools this year and we would like to put our teams together. Our start-up training is very important and we encourage every volunteer (both new and returning) to attend.
Start-Up training will be held at Calvary Nexus on Saturday, 9/18 from 10:00 AM-Noon.
Address: 380 Mobil Ave, Camarillo, CA 93010. To register: