1. Women’s Bible Study is continuing with the study on Gideon. We look forward to seeing you on Wednesdays at 9:45 AM.
2. Men’s Breakfast & Bible Study, Thursdays, 6 AM. This Thursday, Pastor Leonard is going to do a short series on Peter. There is much to glean as we follow this fisherman, called by Christ, to be one of the twelve.
3. Movie Night – Friday, October 15, at 6 PM. This time we will be showing the movie titled “Greater”. What a great way to build friendships, enjoy snacks, and be enriched. I encourage you to use these times to invite family and friends who don’t go to church, to come as your guests.
4. Thursday, Noon Prayer Time. I want to encourage you to come every Thursday at noon and spend an hour in prayer for our church leaders, our ministries, our missionaries, and para-church ministries. Also, people in Jubilee with special needs and those out of the country.
5. Every Sunday at 9:30 AM, please join me in my office for about 15 minutes of pre-service prayer. It makes such a difference in the service when we meet like this and seek God’s favor on every aspect of the service.
6. “Jubilee Findings” Take a look at the bulletin board, across from the church office. If you have something you would like to buy, sell, trade, give away, rent, etc. just post your notice on the board. They remain on the board for one month.
7. Social-Distancing at Church.
Our Creator designed us for fellowship. You can get good teaching in front of your TV, but you will not be experiencing the joy of being with other members of God’s family. In Hebrews 10:24-25, we read, “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another — and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
One of the advantages of going to two services is we can spread out and do not need to be bunched up. We took this step so you could feel more secure when you attend. God protected Daniel in the lion’s den and his friends in the fiery furnace. Surely, He can protect us in the house of God when we spend time together worshiping Him.
8. If you are not able to download a Church Directory onto your computer, iPad, or phone, we will print the directories on October 14th. If you need help downloading the directory, check with church staff, we are happy to help you with this. Make sure your information is correct on the sample directory, located on the Welcome Center table. Final changes must be submitted by October 12th. We will only be providing printed updates twice a year. Digital updates will occur in real-time.
9. What’s your favorite past-time? We hope reading is at the top of the list. Come visit our Church Library between services! Jackie Peterson does a fantastic job of keeping the books in order and ready for your perusal. You have some great options:
1. Take a book, read it and return it.
2. Take a book, read it and keep it.
3. Take a book, read it and pass it on to a friend.
How ‘bout that … no library card, no due dates, and NO fines!
10. Paul Lenderman’s Grief Support Group will be held Tuesday, October 12th at 4 PM.
11. Bible Alive Class, led by Bill Abeyta will start, this Sunday “Prophecy: Digging Deeper” This new interactive study will include some homework and class discussion.