New Opportunity: Prayer Point – Wednesday, October 27, 6 – 7 PM
Prayer Point is a time set aside to gather together as a church family to concentrate in prayer on a specific topic. The topic of this first Prayer Point hour will be praying for the unsaved. We will pray, seek the Lord and share the burden specifically for those who do not yet know the Lord. Ask the Lord to put two names on your heart to bring for prayer that evening.
Colossians 4:2 says, “Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.”
1. Women’s Bible Study is continuing with the study of Gideon. You are welcome to join us anytime. We sing we study, we fellowship, we pray. It truly is a blessed time to join in with your sisters in Christ.
2. Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study, Thursday at 6 AM. In addition to a GREAT breakfast, GREAT fellowship, and worship, we have just started a short series on the life of Peter. Invite a friend. They come free the first time.
3. Our next Movie Night is Friday, October 15th at 6 PM. The featured movie “Greater” is a true story based on a challenged athlete … and it’s football. Bring your favorite snack and enjoy a few hours together.
4. COVID is declining across the country and in our county. Be careful how you read the stats. Many times, the figures used are for COVID tests … not cases. Look for the number that indicates “positive”. It is barely 1% of the total of those tested in Ventura County. Having said that, I really want to encourage those of you who have not been attending to prayerfully consider doing so. We miss you and if social distancing is a factor, there is plenty of space in the 11:30 AM service. The only difference between the two services is the time. Everything else is the same. I hope to see you soon.
5. Thank you! So many of you are serving in so many special ways. We welcome your special gifts and are in awe and very appreciative of the talents you share! Today, we extend a special thanks to Delores Barnes and Diana Lunde. Have you noticed the beautiful bouquets in our Worship Center? Each month, the arrangement is a reflection of the season… They add such a special touch to our stage front. Thank you, dear ladies, for sharing your gift of floral arrangement!
6. For your information … Many of you know Lucas Ontiveros. Several years ago, he was given the wrong medicine for something and it caused induced neuropathy or nerve damage. His condition deteriorated to the point where he was given no hope of survival. Without going into all the details, specialists feel they know how to counteract the illness with massive stem cell treatments. Needless to say, the treatment is very expensive and any help is greatly appreciated. You can contact the Ontiveros family for further information.
7. Interested in participating in our choir Christmas musical? Be watching for specific rehearsal dates… starting Oct. 24th at 4 PM.