1. SAVE THE DATE – Monday, December 13th for our all-church Christmas Dinner Party. It will be held in the Willett Center at Ventura Missionary Church. Watch for further details.
2. Women’s Bible Study will complete the Gideon study this week. Come join us for this final session along with a lunch pot-luck. 9:45 AM.
3. Men’s Breakfast and Bible Study – Thursday at 6 AM. Join us as we continue to look at lessons we learn from the life of Peter.
4. Join us for a Special Night of Prayer. Prayer Point – Starting Wednesday, October 27, 6-7 PM. Prayer Point is a time set aside to gather together as a church family to concentrate in prayer on a specific topic. The topic of this first Prayer Point hour will be praying for the unsaved. We will pray, seek the Lord and share the burden specifically for those who do not yet know the Lord. Ask the Lord to put two names on your heart to bring for prayer that evening.
5. Sunday, December 19th the VJF Choir will present the musical cantata “Good News from Home” in the morning worship services. Are you interested in being part of the choir? Pastor Mike Sherrow will begin weekly choir practices from 4-5:30 PM on Sunday, October 24th. If interested, email Pastor Mike at [email protected]
6. My oversight – on Sunday, as I shared on “Praying in the Name of Jesus” we talked about the meaning of names. I gave the meaning to the different staff members. Wouldn’t you know, I forgot our Worship Pastor, Mike Sherrow. The literal meaning of his name is “Who is like God” and the character quality is “Godliness.” He really lives up to his name in all that he does.
7. Operation Christmas Child boxes are available in the back corner of the sanctuary. Take as many as you want. Remember every box is a child being blessed and learning about God’s love for them!
Dates to remember:
Sun. Oct. 31st you can start bringing in your finished boxes and any leftover items you’d like to donate.
Mon. Nov. 8th is the packing party to fill extra boxes with the donated items.
Sun. Nov. 14th is the last day to turn in your boxes.
Financial donations are welcome.
We would love to fill 500 boxes. Do you think we can make it? Do you have family/friends that might want to help? You are a missionary with every box!
8. The best advertising is from satisfied worshipers when it comes to the church. Our two services are identical. The main advantage, in going to a second service, is that it frees up space in the first service. It makes more room for those concerned with the COVID Virus.
The second service has lots of room to grow. I want to encourage you who attend at 11:30 to look for people that aren’t in church and invite them to come with you. If you have been attending at ten, and are not in one of our Bible Alive classes at 8:45, you might consider attending at 11:30. Our goal in these changes is to make people feel secure from overcrowding and at the same time, make room for new people. We can do this together for the good of our people and the glory of God.
9. Do you have a need that you would like to be anointed and prayed for? In James 5:13-15, we read of steps to take if one is in trouble or afflicted — call for the elders of the church to anoint with oil and pray. We have two times this week when we could minister to you in this way — Thursday at noon (Prayer Time) and Friday at our Deacon Board Meeting. If you desire to be thus ministered to, please call so that we can be prepared on this end.