1. Movie Night – Friday, November 19th at 6 PM. We will be showing “The Case for Christ.” It is the true story of atheist Lee Strobel and his journey to faith in Christ. If you know of people not saved, please invite them to come. Oh yes, and do bring snacks to share with others.
2. A Service you don’t want to miss – Sunday, November 28th at 10:00 and 11:30 AM. We will have the Teen Challenge Ladies Choir with us. The testimonies of these precious ladies set free from different kinds of addictions will bless you.
3. Tickets for our All-Church Christmas Dinner will be available beginning next Sunday. The cost will be $5.00 per person. We will only have 200 tickets available so don’t wait to get yours. The event will be at the Willett Center at Ventura Missionary Church. A special guest will be my long-time friend, Larry Wayne Morbitt. His love for Christ and rich tenor voice will make it easy for you to praise the LORD.
4. Church Membership – We will have our next membership class early in the New Year. Are you ready to join Jubilee and help us have an even stronger witness for Christ locally and globally? Indicate your interest in the Information Card and we will send you the Membership forms.
5. Ladies … this is for you. If you were gifted with a beautiful piece of jewelry, made by Norm Tally, please plan to wear it this Sunday. In honor of this dear brother, in Christ, we want to remember him in a very special way. Norm graduated to be with our Lord this past week. Please remember Anne in your prayers.
6. Believer’s Baptism – have you welcomed Christ into your life? If you have, the next step in your faith walk is to publicly acknowledge Him by being baptized. That is a step Jesus personally asks you to take. (Matt. 28:18-20) If you haven’t been baptized, indicate your desire to do so on the Information Card and we will be in touch with you.
7. My first book – “Jehovah-Jireh” was published about 35 years ago. It is all about God answering our prayers and providing for us. I am going to put about a dozen copies on the Information Table. They are free. If you haven’t read it, might I suggest after you read it, that you pass it on to someone else.
8. Grief Support Ministry … the holidays can be really hard on those who have lost a loved one. It is for that reason we offer a monthly grief support group on the 2nd Tuesday at 4 PM. Rev. Paul Lenderman, a Certified Grief Counselor, facilitates the group. He is so encouraging. There is no cost … all you have to do is show up. Also, if you are in need of personal counseling, do not hesitate to ask Paul about that. Contact the office and we will let him know.
9. Thank you for making my birthday such a special event! Your cards, gifts, and best wishes are deeply appreciated. You are an amazing church family. I thank God for you and the privilege of being your pastor. May God bless you as much and more as you have blessed me. Pastor Leonard.
10. NEW SERIES in Pastor Jim’s Bible Alive Class… a study of the Gospel of Luke. This study will bring a comprehensive approach to this Gospel book. A (free) resource binder has been prepared to guide you through each lesson. Come and join us this Sunday morning in the “Music Room.”
11. Dennis and Joy O’Dea are directing our new “Helping Hands” ministry. If you are in need of assistance in your home or garden; if you need transportation or meals delivered; shopping, etc. let your Jubilee brothers and sisters help provide for you. If you are able to give in the areas mentioned above, please sign up and support this much-needed ministry for our folks in need. Sign-up sheets for a need or for serving are available on the Information Table in the foyer.