1. This Sunday, January 9th, please make note of the following:
A. We will go back to our two-service schedule: 10 AM & 11:30 AM. Bible Alive classes will be at 8:45 AM, as usual.
B. I will begin a four-part series on the book of Jonah. It is a small book with powerful lessons. If you are healthy, I hope you will make every effort to be present. I believe this series is a great way to begin the New Year.
C. We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper as a part of our worship. I love these times when we especially focus on the sacrifice our Lord made to redeem us and restore us to a right relationship with our Heavenly Father.
D. Pam Merillat’s ladies Bible Alive class will be starting a new series. The topic is “Lord, I want to know You.” This is an excellent time to join the class and participate in the ‘Devotional Study on the Names of God’ by Kay Arthur.
2. Reading Through the Bible in 2022 — Pastor Jim has prepared a Bible Reading Program that will give you a schedule for each day. They are available on the Information Table. It’s not too late to start.
3. Special Note to our Ladies – Your Bible study that was to begin this Wednesday is being delayed until January 26th. Several ladies have shared with me how excited they are for the new study, which will begin in early February.
4. This Saturday, January 8th, there will be a blood draw at the Church of Christ, 5401 Bryn Mawr. Several churches are participating in the endeavor. If you can donate, I would encourage you to do so. Drawing times are 10 AM – 2 PM.
5. Movie Night is Friday, January 21 at 6 PM. We will be showing a classic, I’m sure you have come to enjoy, “The Sound of Music”. It should look good and sound great with our media equipment!
6. Lost & Found … there is a basket located in the foyer, marked “Lost and Found”. The items (mostly clothing) have been there for quite a time and will be donated at the end of the month. Take a look!
7. Daily Bread, in large and small print, is available on the Information Table.
8. Grief Support Group will be meeting Tuesday, January 11th at 4 PM. Sharing and listening to others with similar pain, issues or loss has proved to be invaluable. Under the leadership of Certified Grief Counselor, Paul Lenderman, you are welcome to join this group at any time.
9. Would you like to get some really accurate information on Israel and the Middle East? I highly recommend Joel C. Rosenberg’s “Enemies and Allies.” He is an amazing man of God and a gifted writer and communicator. It was written and published this past year, so everything he shares is right up to date.
10. Small Groups – Christ designed His church to grow through relationships. One of the best ways for this to happen is by being in a Small Group of 8-12 people. In the New Year, I want to develop our Small Group Ministry. If you are not presently in a Small Group and would like to be, please use the Information Card to give us your name and contact information. Also, write “Small Group.” Early in this New Year, we will seek to place you in a group.